All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Deregulated” free market electricity in Texas is the epitome of Kapitalism gone crazy!!!!!!
There’s the Eastern grid, Western grid, both semi regulated, and the Texas grid.
Y’all own any shares in the Texas sector?
I hear they’all are making a killing
pun intended
on the power outages.
Land of the Free Market indeed!
Sheesh

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
“Deregulated” free market electricity in Texas is the epitome of Kapitalism gone crazy!!!!!!
There’s the Eastern grid, Western grid, both semi regulated, and the Texas grid.
pun intended
on the power outages.
Land of the Free Market indeed!
Sheesh

Go back to bed and pull the sheets over your head and fart. You've proven over and over you know very little about economics, business, finance, etc. So for someone of your caliber to come out here and try to stir the pot, it ain't gonna work.

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go back to bed and pull the sheets over your head and fart. You've proven over and over you know very little about economics, business, finance, etc. So for someone of your caliber to come out here and try to stir the pot, it ain't gonna work.
So sez Phootateer # 2
without, I assume, looking into “IT”
outside of his normal regurgitation spewports
amiright?
I posted after hearing some spew on commie radio and figured one or all of y’all Phootateers
would edumacate this ignorant fool!

ROTMFFLMMFACFO!!!!!!
ps - how about ol Ted Cruz bailing outta his deregulated free market state during a killer event in his Homeland?

let them eat sheesh
Right?

phoot

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
So sez Phootateer # 2
without, I assume, looking into “IT”
outside of his normal regurgitation spewports
amiright?
I posted after hearing some spew on commie radio and figured one or all of y’all Phootateers
would edumacate this ignorant fool!

ROTMFFLMMFACFO!!!!!!
ps - how about ol Ted Cruz bailing outta his deregulated free market state during a killer event in his Homeland?

let them eat sheesh
Right?

phoot
So you aren't for deregulation and you want the government to control all aspects of our livelihoods? LOL! Sheesh...make up your mind. One minute you want it one way, then the next minute you don't. Such a flake.

A once in a 100+ year freak snow/frost storm hits Texas and now is the time to say the sky is falling? So much for global warming.

I'm not a big fan of Ted and never was. We need a 4 or 6 Year Term Limit on all members of the senate and congress and then cut them off from all benefits (free medical, free anything) and make them all have to get and pay for med insurance and have to get a 401K plan like everyone else who works.

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you aren't for deregulation and you want the government to control all aspects of our livelihoods? LOL! Sheesh...make up your mind. One minute you want it one way, then the next minute you don't. Such a flake.

A once in a 100+ year freak snow/frost storm hits Texas and now is the time to say the sky is falling? So much for global warming.

I'm not a big fan of Ted and never was. We need a 4 or 6 Year Term Limit on all members of the senate and congress and then cut them off from all benefits (free medical, free anything) and make them all have to get and pay for med insurance and have to get a 401K plan like everyone else who works.
I want “IT” to be decentralized in terms of ownership
Like in a real democracy of
power (pun intended)
to we the people
sheesh
ps - c’mon BobO join in and rationalize
apologize
and support “IT”
Right?
Ph

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
power (pun intended)
to we the people
sheesh
ps - c’mon BobO join in and rationalize
apologize
and support “IT”
Right?
Ph
Invisible irony of the visible free market

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
power (pun intended)
to we the people
sheesh
What do you mean "decentralized". Do you even know what you are talking about? Do you really know about power/utility companies in Texas or are you just squawking and parroting what the media dictates to you?

You know when you purchase a property in Texas you can choose from a multitude of companies to receive your power from? I bet you didn't know that? You can also purchase utility stocks from these companies so yes, "we the people" can be part owners of these companies.

Electricity there is far cheaper than what SCE, PG&E, or LADWP charges us in California. Once they start regulating energy utilities in Texas, it will not be so inexpensive to live in Texas. Be careful for what you wish for.

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pelagic Hunter
What do you mean "decentralized".

decentralized

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Oh the irony
Do you really know about power/utility companies in Texas or are you just squawking and parroting what the media dictates to you?

Oh the irony again

You know when you purchase a property in Texas you can choose from a multitude of companies to receive your power from? I bet you didn't know that?

Y’all bet what amount

You can also purchase utility stocks from these companies so yes, "we the people" can be part owners of these companies.

Y’all an owner?

Electricity there is far cheaper than what SCE, PG&E, or LADWP charges us in California.

till “IT” isn

Once they start regulating energy utilities in Texas, it will not be so inexpensive to live in Texas. Be careful for what you wish for.

see the comic I posted up for Phootateer #3

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Pelagic Hunter
What do you mean "decentralized".

decentralized

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Oh the irony
Do you really know about power/utility companies in Texas or are you just squawking and parroting what the media dictates to you?

Oh the irony again

You know when you purchase a property in Texas you can choose from a multitude of companies to receive your power from? I bet you didn't know that?

Y’all bet what amount

You can also purchase utility stocks from these companies so yes, "we the people" can be part owners of these companies.

Y’all an owner?

Electricity there is far cheaper than what SCE, PG&E, or LADWP charges us in California.

till “IT” isn

Once they start regulating energy utilities in Texas, it will not be so inexpensive to live in Texas. Be careful for what you wish for.

see the comic I posted up for Phootateer #3

As usual...no substance. Obviously The Nib/Matt Boers knows very little as well and has his head up his rectum as usual. No wonder you you follow him. Two peas in a pod. LOL!

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
pun intended
on the power outages.
PH is right you don't know squat. Fact is the Eastern grid, Western grid, and Texas grid are all regulated. E and W are regulated by FERC and Congress and the Texas Grid by the Texas Public Utility Commission and the Texas state legislature. The Texas so-called deregulated plan allows customers to select a variable electric rate plan or a fixed electric rate plan.

Bottom line is Pez's tooth fairy isn't going to pay for the delivery of electricity.

Meanwhile, California is putting the finishing touches on electric utility responsibilities for wildfires gave them 50% immunity to the cost of wildfires and allows for an estimated $2.50 per month charge for wildfire damage mitigation paid by customers.

Texans currently pay an average of 12 cents/Kwhr
Californians currently pay an average of 18.3 cents/Kwhr without the additional surcharge just approved for future wildfire claims settlement (future wildfires) and the new costs yet to be passed through for future wildfire mitigation using schemes dreamt up by politicians and bureaucrats.

Which rate would you rather pay Pez? Let me know if you need a little help figuring it out.

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
While Pez is trying to figure out if we would switch from regulated PG&E to the ERCOT grid. . . .one should note that as what Pez has been wishing for. . . .decentralization. . . .which is actually the process occurring in Texas. . . .there are going to be glitches. I have made a career of consulting solutions to problems gone wrong and in being aware of the problems surrounding it. Pez though wouldn't know decentralization if he saw it.

Some brief observations, first one should note consumers can choose in Texas between floating energy rates and a fixed rate set for up to 24 months into the future.

Second some firms did hit the jackpot by being able to deliver when nobody else was in the decentralized ownership of the supply chain. That is free market forces at work where some providers are better prepared than others and it puts a premium (even an ability to survive) on being innovative, forward thinking, and actually able to provide a service when its most needed.

But no home owner should be liable for 700% increase in their energy bill on the floating rate plan without having an option to opt out of the electricity (not sure if such a system of notification is in place but it should be). That issue is now the subject of lawsuits as to who is going to pay. And Pez should realize it was the one ''centralized unit'' in the energy deliver program, the not-for-profit corporation ERCOT, that changed the price to beat by more than 700%. They are being sued for it but the issue in front of the court will be if they enjoy the sovereign protection provided government agencies since the NFP corporation is created out of Texas law.

The real question is whether what needs to be fixed becomes widely known forcing political change or whether Pez's daddy is able to obscure the problem so much that the problem gets worse and regulation/centralization wins the day. What should come out of it will be some reform that involves either putting customers on notice their rate is going up and/or incremental limits on increases like they do in the stock market to slow heated trading. Its hardly the end of the world. Sign me up. Since I wouldn't want to shop monthly for electricity, sign me up on one of those ERCOT 24 month fixed rate plans and that would save me about a third of my bill or about 8 bucks a month on average.

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BobObot
While Pez is trying to figure out if we would switch from regulated PG&E to the ERCOT grid. . . .

one should note that as what Pez has been wishing for. . . .decentralization. . . .which is actually the process occurring in Texas. . . .

there are going to be glitches. I have made a career of consulting solutions to problems gone wrong and in being aware of the problems surrounding it. Pez though wouldn't know decentralization if he saw it.

Some brief observations, first one should note consumers can choose in Texas between floating energy rates and a fixed rate set for up to 24 months into the future.

Second some firms did hit the jackpot by being able to deliver when nobody else was in the decentralized ownership of the supply chain. That is free market forces at work where some providers are better prepared than others and it puts a premium (even an ability to survive) on being innovative, forward thinking, and actually able to provide a service when its most needed.

But no home owner should be liable for 700% increase in their energy bill on the floating rate plan without having an option to opt out of the electricity (not sure if such a system of notification is in place but it should be). That issue is now the subject of lawsuits as to who is going to pay. And Pez should realize it was the one ''centralized unit'' in the energy deliver program, the not-for-profit corporation ERCOT, that changed the price to beat by more than 700%. They are being sued for it but the issue in front of the court will be if they enjoy the sovereign protection provided government agencies since the NFP corporation is created out of Texas law.

The real question is whether what needs to be fixed becomes widely known forcing political change or whether Pez's daddy is able to obscure the problem so much that the problem gets worse and regulation/centralization wins the day. What should come out of it will be some reform that involves either putting customers on notice their rate is going up and/or incremental limits on increases like they do in the stock market to slow heated trading. Its hardly the end of the world. Sign me up. Since I wouldn't want to shop monthly for electricity, sign me up on one of those ERCOT 24 month fixed rate plans and that would save me about a third of my bill or about 8 bucks a month on average.
[/QUOTE]
While Pez is trying to figure out if we would switch from regulated PG&E to the ERCOT grid. . . .one should note that as what Pez has been wishing for. . . .decentralization. . . .which is actually the process occurring in Texas. . . .there are going to be glitches. I have made a career of consulting solutions to problems gone wrong and in being aware of the problems surrounding it. Pez though wouldn't know decentralization if he saw it.

Methinks y’all are in possession of
and possessed by
a centralized mind
based on numbers and profit.....

a bit o lyrics comes to mind
“...free yourself from mental slavery...”

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
BobObot
While Pez is trying to figure out if we would switch from regulated PG&E to the ERCOT grid. . . .

one should note that as what Pez has been wishing for. . . .decentralization. . . .which is actually the process occurring in Texas. . . .

there are going to be glitches. I have made a career of consulting solutions to problems gone wrong and in being aware of the problems surrounding it. Pez though wouldn't know decentralization if he saw it.

and possessed by
a centralized mind

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, what makes you think that?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
PH is right you don't know squat. Fact is the Eastern grid, Western grid, and Texas grid are all regulated. E and W are regulated by FERC and Congress and the Texas Grid by the Texas Public Utility Commission and the Texas state legislature. The Texas so-called deregulated plan allows customers to select a variable electric rate plan or a fixed electric rate plan.

Bottom line is Pez's tooth fairy isn't going to pay for the delivery of electricity.

Meanwhile, California is putting the finishing touches on electric utility responsibilities for wildfires gave them 50% immunity to the cost of wildfires and allows for an estimated $2.50 per month charge for wildfire damage mitigation paid by customers.

Texans currently pay an average of 12 cents/Kwhr
Californians currently pay an average of 18.3 cents/Kwhr without the additional surcharge just approved for future wildfire claims settlement (future wildfires) and the new costs yet to be passed through for future wildfire mitigation using schemes dreamt up by politicians and bureaucrats.

Which rate would you rather pay Pez? Let me know if you need a little help figuring it out.

Thanks for providing a little more clarity for our readers on this. My wife and I were shopping newly built homes outside of Austin about 10 years ago and that is how I learned about electric utilities, gas, and property taxes in Texas. You specified on some items that I clearly failed to mention.

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and possessed by
a centralized mind

Hmmm, what makes you think that?
[/QUOTE]