Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Point Loma Sport Fishing posted that the New Lo-An caught a 25 pound Albacore on a 1.5 day trip. That's pretty cool. I'm wondering if this was just a lost Albacore that was swimming with a a school of Bluefin?

From Point Loma Below:
"The New Lo-An returned from their 1.5 day trip with 12 Bluefin Tuna (mixed sizes with the largest at 200lbs) and 1 Albacore (25lbs...No that is not a typo) for 24 anglers."

It's kind of funny reading about the comments on this Albacore on BD. Some guys are making fun inferring Albacore are a crap fish to catch and don't want to waste their time and rather fish Bluefin. Sounds like a bunch of young chest thumping guys that don't know squat. LOL!

Anyhow it would be great if the Albacore returned. I just love fishing period.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remember the chrome torpedo slide-bait rig? I got for over forty one day on the Calypso...

Loved fishing rubber on the slide too....
I remember using a Big Hammer swim bait on the slide or even a heavy blue/white or blue and chrome single hook Tady on the slide. after a while the cappys would get pissed because some people didn't know how to do it right and let their line get back into the trolled fish that were hooked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts