Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend here in Phoenix, who just had a second back surgery.

He missed a lot of work and wanted to sell one of his two speed rod and reel combos, said with his back he couldn't use it anymore anyway. They have never been used, he bought them for a trip he had to cancel because of his injury.

The reel is an Avet EX 30/2 and the rod is a Calstar BWC-6465HC.

Most of my stuff is either penn or shimano and all of my rods are seekers so I don't know much about this rig, but it seemed like a good deal.

How did I do?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry about you buddies back. I've had so many procedures done on my back i hate the word doctor. I had a spinal fusion that didn't work and i'm still in a ton of pain. I still fish but on a small boat it's pure agony all day but i'm not dead yet.
Here's on of my procedures gone bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boeing461 said:
Sorry about you buddies back. I've had so many procedures done on my back i hate the word doctor. I had a spinal fusion that didn't work and i'm still in a ton of pain. I still fish but on a small boat it's pure agony all day but i'm not dead yet.
Here's on of my procedures gone bad.
OUCH!!!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
From another Zonie...

I think you got a smokin' deal. The real sells in the neighborhood of $400+ and the rod is about $175 or thereabouts.

I was just in Phoenix last two Thursdays, having a series of cortisone injected in my lumbar vertebrae. Two series of four shots each. I have bad arthritis in my back which had crippled me the last two years. I can walk again with no pain, bend over, and best of all, I think I can fish again and I'm going to try it on a 2-3 day this summer. Doc says it may have to be repeated every 6 months but I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NoOceanHere said:
From another Zonie...

I think you got a smokin' deal. The real sells in the neighborhood of $400+ and the rod is about $175 or thereabouts.

I was just in Phoenix last two Thursdays, having a series of cortisone injected in my lumbar vertebrae. Two series of four shots each. I have bad arthritis in my back which had crippled me the last two years. I can walk again with no pain, bend over, and best of all, I think I can fish again and I'm going to try it on a 2-3 day this summer. Doc says it may have to be repeated every 6 months but I think it's worth it.
Glad your feeling better, my friend is only 35 I feel bad for him. He is a great guy, has four kids and a nice wife, and he can barely walk. His surgeon told him that the first surgery was botched, and he has a long road back to normal, and he should never be in rough water [email protected](@:)td:

He is a vet, and the VA did the first one because he was hurt in the service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.