Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6/10 & 11 Catalina Report

We launched out of Davies Tuesday to spend the night at Catalina, as I am 0/3 for the ghost fish and was determined to get one. Picked up the last of the squid about 1/3 scoop from LB Bait as Nacho's had none. The ride over was not bad with small wind waves and overcast skies. We heard several boats requesting squid but none was available. There were about 15 to 20 boats at the Vees. We continued West towards Salta Verde and set up in 80 feet of water. We put out a few rigs and spent the night with small wind waves which rocked the boat and caused little sleep. We stayed until 9am with nothing to show and went to Farnsworth where we limited out on bottom fish. We continued the ghost hunt and went West stopping at varies spots. At about 3 pm in 40 feet my 1/4 oz egg sinker rig goes off and we net it, check its size and it's just legal. About 5 min later my partner Joe gets a 35 inch fish. The slump is over, not big fish but legal. The water temp was 65 to 66. First time adding pictures. This picture is of Joe and the other picture is of my fish. My camera is having problems and Joe could not take my pictue. Bad picture quality. I could not fix the picture. Any ideas on why my picture is mess up?

This post edited by Hard at Play 06/12/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
re: 6/10 & 11 Catalina Report

Sweetness. Glad you guys got some. Its funny how chins go from down to up, like a light switch. Ive been there, done that. Congrats and thanks for the report.
BIG TENTACLES OUT !!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
re: 6/10 & 11 Catalina Report

Too bad we didnt hookup, I broadcast several times on 69 and 72 for Allcoasters and BD ers. Didnt get one reply, even when we said the tails were goin off ???? Nice job Ray, I will see you when I get back from La Paz in 2 weeks !! Just in time for the Albacore !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.