Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the tbi off replaced it with intake and edelbroc carb. Eliminated the high pressure fuel pump. It’s been fine for a season, recently it quit running,I was on plane 22knots it shit off and came to a stop slowly. Obviously I have no fuel there is no power going to the oil sensor switch which connects with the low pressure fuel pump and I’m not sure where the other wire goes coming off the pump. I have an hei distributor and no fire to my plugs but power coming to it. The coil is on top of the distributor I did away with the stock one. So no fire no where. Ignition yes,I checked the dead man. Wth I am confused. There is a relay in the breaker box on the engine it has a wire that leads to the oil sensor switch which has. no power with key on run and power coming to the relay. Does any of this make sense? Where should I start. This hasn’t happened before in 2 years since I changed it all

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Bummer. Just guessing, but if you still have to old coil you might try it. Coils fail and it's hart to tell. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I thought about that. I knkw there is no power coming out with the switch on and nothing. Not sure if you can test a coil with a test light if it’s even necessary since there is no fire to the plugs. I’ve invested a lot of money trying to simplify it so I can fix it lol this wasn’t in the plans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts