Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

A Bad News/ Good News Situation

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Tunaslam 
#1 ·
The bad news is I went down to the Parker just to see if it was still floating, as I haven't had time to spend much time there recently.It was a sad sight, with a heavy layer of Santa Ana dust and an air of sad resignation from the distinct lack of fishing in the past six weeks or so. It was fun to just get the hose out and wash off the dust and see my boat clean again and plan the shape of things to come!!!

The good news is what created this sad scenario was a combination of events that are rapidly resolving themselves.We've been re-modeling the store and it is nearly done... the new carpet went in on Tuesday. We've moved stuff around and added a bunch of new gear and clothes, it feels all new.

And... the next book is pages away from completion. So with these two projects nearly done it is time to get back to business as usual...which wii include a bunch of time on the water to make up for what's been missed. With a bit more squid around and a bit of signal here and there, timing looks good!!!

Should be a fun weekend to watch the big surf and do some harbor cruising to watch the boat parade and just be on the water again with some special friends.

MarkW

See less See more
#2 ·
Sheesh...finally! Let's go get some fish dammit!! The store is looking real good Mark and I will be looking forward to my signed copy of the new book!

PS - Thought you might like to see the new gear assembled (Mark and I sat down earlier this fall and designed a set of custom Pacific Edge sticks specifically for my boat to be used during SoCal marlin season. 4 trollers (700 ML's cut down 5 inches with Aftco rollers and Tiagra 16's with 50# spectra backing and long 30# topshots). 2 7' dropback rigs (700 ML's with custom selected Fuji ring guides with Saltiga 50's). 2 8' bowcasters (800 ML's with Saltiga 50's). A light swordie caster (700H with Tiagra 16). I dearly LOVE fishing with smaller reels so this set may not be for everybody but I'm really happy with it - Thanks Mark. That's our family room...my wife just loves having fishing gear in the family room. I don't EVER leave my gear on my boat so the house is full of it LOL but she's learned to live with it!!

#4 ·
You should be ashamed of your self for treating your boat like that LOL!!! Just kidding Mark, you've put a ton of effort into the remodle and it shows in the shop. Took a lot of time and effort to get the changes done but now the place looks great. Cant wait to open today and see/smell the new carpet and look at all the new gear we put out on it. Also, looking forward to reading the new book, can never have enough fishing info.

P.S Rob you sure now how to make a guy jelious ;) :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.