All Coast banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went Lobster fishing and this is what happened.

As we pulled up to the island we were about a half mile out when the radio sound's off " get out of here this is our spot" so I look into the general area of where we are going and I see a 23 Parker in there but his last float is about 100 Yards West of where I would like to be so I reply in a very nice voice "don't worry we are not comming in on you" and then I ask "do you have any plans to drop West of the point" which is at least 100 yards West he replies " don't crowd me, get out" now I say to him "listen I just asked you a polite question" at which point he said "Just dont crowd me".

We made 50 pull's and through the 40th pull I counted 10 nets then on the last set as I was working the top of the order I see him come very close to the end of my set then he leaves needless to say at the end of the set I'm short one net.

My nets have two floats and they will float a trap there was zip current last night and I can light up my floats from a half a mile so I dont know what happened.

All I have to say is be cool out there, because there is no reason to be rude to people and take the I'll show him approch. I was nice and if he would of said yes I plan to fish West of the point I would have moved farther West instead he was just plan rude.

Don

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
You should have grabbed the CF numbers or the name of the boat Don.
I'd have driven right up to him had it been me.
There's plenty of room out there, plenty.
There's no need, absolutely NONE, for that crap.
I need to talk to/with you . .

John.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Don,

I would have told that SOB to get [email protected]#ked. Those people that think they own the ocean really piss me off. I can understand the captain trying to protect his traps from damage, but to treat you the way he did, deserved some sort of recourse. Bottomline is, we shouldn't allow these jackasses to get away with their [email protected] I for one, won't stand for it and hopefully I'm not alone.

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone who knows me knows I'm real easy going and nothing bothers me except someone anchoring very close to my stearn. I've had people drop nets within my nets and I did not get upset.

I always call in people to bites and never belly ack about someone 30 yards off my port or starboard side.

Don

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its a shame, you can be out on the water. Getting away,all piecefull and such. And some A Holes got to bring all that big city BS out there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some people are just dickheads & need to be ignored... unfortunately, some of these guys have guns & I don't #### wit dem anymore!! Not worth the risk...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I posted this while I was hot under the coller and maybe I sould not have so after a month it is still in the top 15

John if you could please kill this tread I thing it has run its life.

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts