All Coast banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was down at my boat for what might be the last time doing some last minute touchup and crying. Today is the survey and if all go right the deal is sealed.

I have had a wonderful two and a half years on this boat my 4th in a line of wonderful boats and I will be back soon with number 5.

When I bought the boat April of 2004 fuel was .88 a gallon and slip fees were $250.00. Now my slip fee is $315.00 and going up in January. Fuel is $3.00 a gallon and the payment is $777.00 a month bottom cleaning $33.00 a month and cleaning every two weeks is $35.00. Thatâ??s $1,230.00 a month and add in maintenance and fuel and bait and its over $1,700.00.

Wednesday my kids started private school, all three of them and that expense has made me sell my boat for love of family. Iâ??m looking for a smaller boat for the SMB to lobster and fish until then I guess I will become a crew member instead of a Capitan so if anyone needs good hard working crew with 25 years of of experience who knows the expense of boat ownership and pride in a job well done I will be on the crew board.

See you on water soon

Don Smith
X 28 Albin TE
Crack-O-Dawn

·
Registered
745 Posts
A very sad day indeed, Don. Sorry you had to make such a tough choice. You are obviously a good father to make such a decision. Boat ownership can be bitter sweet. I'll tip a glass to you tonight.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
IMO, you have your priorities straight . . family first.
I almost sold my Parker twice over the last 7 years so the kids could get their college degrees.
I still have it, and the youngest is on her last year at Cal State San Marcos.
Sorry to hear of your loss, but your loss is your childrens gain.
I was wondering what was going on since the boat stuff just before CAMPO III.
And with that in mind THANK YOU for your sponsorship.
It's always great when people step forward to give when they really don't have to, they want to.

Lemme check the Lobster schedule the first week . . .

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys!

I'm down but not out I will get $6,000.00 from the sale and that might buy a backyard ugly but functional project. Plus I have a Seadoo wake 3, seater with wake board holders of which 2 Lobster hoops fit perfect in. Now all I need is a depth (fish) finder, hand held GMS, Nav lights and Iâ??m in close to home.

Don

Found Lights

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/141463/0/0/nav%20lights/All_2/mode%20matchallpartial/15/0

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Don,

You made the right choice! I have two boys in Catholic school and my daughter will be there in 4 years. Many times I have thought about how much more of a boat I could own had we took the public school route, but upon further review my wife and I made the right decision. Good luck to you and your family and I hope you find a replacement boat real soon.

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I wish I would have kept my 18 footer,it fit in the driveway, had a nice ride, plenty of freeboard, adequate range easy to take out by yourself if you wanted

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Be patient!

During WINTER some killer deals can be had, especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will wait till I have the $ and be very patient. But I might be interested send me some stats and photos.

Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts