Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC has been thinned out compared to even a few years ago. I know JSea is still onboard. Many of the hard-cores have moved on to other venues for various reasons. Speculation? So how many of the original/old-timers are still around?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I posted on the first AC page. Back then you could post under as many different names as you wanted. AC and other sites like it are a great resource, however what got lost was the great fishing info we exchanged back then. It was new and exciting and we freely gave out info. Now info is all about $$$. Things change we move on.

·
Registered
17,304 Posts
IMO anyone with their original "member since..." date is a pussy.

good to see your mug on your reports, Lal.

PS: That first sentance was meant as a JOKE!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
>I posted on the first AC page. Back then you could post under
>as many different names as you wanted. AC and other sites like
>it are a great resource, however what got lost was the great
>fishing info we exchanged back then. It was new and exciting
>and we freely gave out info. Now info is all about $$$.
>Things change we move on.
>

"Great fishing info" is still exchanged here now. At Don's request, I posted some of the very first fishing reports on the original boards.

I still post my reports here and it's not all about $$$. There is nothing to stop anyone from exchanging fishing information here.

What really got lost was all of the BS that goes on with posting under as many names as you wanted. To Allcoast's credit, this has been all but eliminated here and AC is the best message board for fishing on the internet - period.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I'm not really an old, old timer, but I have been around as a lurker and then a poster for a long time. Got a lot of posts by my name and that doesn't include the 700 I had when I got to change names to my first name.

The PB Board has definitely thinned out, but the Long Range Tuna board, Tackle Ho board, and PB Tech Board seems to have many of those I remember when I first began to post.

I don't post all my trips anymore and not with the complete detail I did in the beginning because I realized many lurkers were benefittig and clogging my spots without giving anything back. And there is definitely a lack of conservationism in action among many here. For example, I haven't posted a WSB report in three years. I have checked out a few other boards and they are OK except one that is so juvenile and disrespectful of our prey that I can't stand it. Don't even want to lurk there.

But for many newbys and those getting more seriously into fishing, I think a lot valuable info and help is provided here, but not the inside info previously given. Hey, a guy just posted on the PB Board a couple of do-dos at the 267 - now that is valuable info and he is not leading anyone to structure that can be fished out.

Made some good friends here and met some good people here, so I stay kind of loyal to AC.

Fish the Tides - Freddie

·
Banned
720 Posts
"Charter Member" ringing in to be accounted for. Been around these parts for a while now. Love this place. Great info. and comradery!

The Stewmaster

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've been here a mighty long time.

About all I've contributed is that little YF bitmap next to the names (is it still the same one?) during one of the software upgrades. :)

Oh yeah, and moderated a bit before starting a business took all my time for several years.

I'm a loyal Allcoaster!
Mark

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Where has the time gone? I do miss all the personalities that use to post here. I bet j-c would love to see X-man back here again LOL.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
>Where did Randel go ???

Nova Scotia, I believe. His personal website doesn't look like it's been updated for some years.

I've been here since the change over to "protected" software ('98). I am active on a couple of other boards; I still love Allcoast, too.

Edit: whoa, just noticed that this is post no. 4700 == I spent too much time on the Political Board. LOL

1 - 20 of 52 Posts