All Coast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friend,

I noted below that you somehow equate a poor American attitude when traveling abroad as being the reason Americans are getting targeted more and more by criminals in Mexico. I will bet that the vast majority of Americans are gracious and humble when traveling to Mexico. Many speak Spanish. I assure you, speaking the language and being a gentle and humble soul while visiting another person's country is not the issue as to why these terrible people commit these terrible crimes against Americans.

Criminals are criminals. Do you think that they conduct an interview with their intended victims before trying to rob, kidnap, rape or kill them? If you think that this is the case, then you are high as a kite. Criminals look for victims based upon one thing and one thing only, after estimating their chances of successful attacks, they feel confident that they will succeed with minimum chances of harm or chance of being caught. You rarely see an unarmed 5'2" inch, 135 pound criminal physically taking on a 6'5" 250 pound victim and trying to strong-arm him, now do you? The criminals are pure cowards and they do not mess with an unknown element, like an unseen driver, unless they are in numbers or armed. Most of the time, they go after people alone, women, or a man with his family who has too much to protect to be as threat, so compliance is a great liklihood. Or else, they are armed when they knoew their victim is not, like in Mexico where Americans simply do not carry firearms.

You know, the personal attack on Americans and the attitude of Americans shows only one thing to me, you do not really know what you are talking about. Most Americans I know who travel abroad are kind and humble, be they persons talking to a judge in Court or a homeless man on the street. For you to toss out such a catagorization about people you clearly do not know much about, sounds likes someone has brainwashed you and you are only repeating their chatter without truly evaluating the issue for yourself.

·
Banned
2,434 Posts
damn straight...i saw the anti-american post by mr spam eater....there is lots of crime in hawaii, perpetrated by these so called natives, against white people ....most hate white people....and most of the haters are high on "hawaiian ice" 24/7...

once again the racist attitude towards whites by an islander rears its ugly head..its pretty common

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
RE: Addressing poster "Hawaiian" on Mex problems

With respect to the recent attacks, most all of them have been in situations where the demeanor of the victim could not be determined, prior to the attack. They have generally been roadside incidents.

That said, many of us who have traveled over the peninsula for many years have, indeed, noticed that the attitude your bring down with you has alot to do with your chances of getting into trouble.......no matter your skin color.

It's certainly possible that Americans COULD be getting targeted, based on the cars they drive. Why would crooks pull over a beat up, smoking old truck with Mexican plates? It's a monetary decision by the crooks, more than likely.

The situation in Hawaii is completely different. Many locals resent how the US came to take their island nation from them. They honestly hate Americans, in some cases. The average Mexican, especially in Baja, really respects Americans because they know how important they are towards their livelihoods. They also respect the fact that many Americans try to learn their language. And, of course, they probably have relatives who live in the US. So much intermarrying and so many friendships have been formed over the years.

When I was much younger, the corridor between TJ and Ensenada, particulary the bars, were a major attraction for me and my friends. Sometimes friends would bring down acquaintenances whose demeanor can best be described as belligerent. Certainly, the alcohol was a contributing factor. Invariably, these were the types that always seemed to find trouble......at the hands of the locals or the hands of the cops. Rosarito Beach, particularly, has always seemed to attract this type, even on my more recent visits. It's one of the reasons I really don't like Rosarito.

To me, it explains why some tell stories of ALWAYS having trouble when they go to Mexico while others, like myself, have traveled the country for 35 years and haven't had one incidence of violence or robbery.

Well, except for the majority of Pemex pumps.....those are nasty bandits. And the minor mordida.

I'm not a religious guy, but I'm a firm believer in the truth of the statement "you reap what you sow"......regardless of your skin color. It certainly seems to be the case when you decide to visit Mexico.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
RE: Addressing poster "Hawaiian" on Mex problems

>It's certainly possible that Americans COULD be getting
>targeted, based on the cars they drive. Why would crooks pull
>over a beat up, smoking old truck with Mexican plates? It's a
>monetary decision by the crooks, more than likely.

Why do crooks rob banks in broad daylight?

>Well, except for the majority of Pemex pumps.....those are
>nasty bandits. And the minor mordida.

There's no such such thing as a minor heart attack or a slight concussion.
Extortion is a crime anywhere PJ!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts