All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of my fishing buds here at AC know, I have been tinkering with the concept of a Private Boaters Fishing Network where guys who own boats and fish them (200+ hours per year) actually share the good dope in detail. No atta boys, no forums, just good, solid, on-the-water reports. My notion is that this Code Group would also have a prearranged VHF strategy to enable coded communications rather than open callouts to buddy boats who are currently fishing the island. I know, this is a pretty far fetched notion, but I think it is possible to put it together and I have put up a test blog to see if this might work. If you are interested in helping me to work out the bugs and bring the Code Group to life, I have set up 4 logins for AC. Go to www.976fish.com and select the login. Use AC1, AC2, AC3, or AC4 and the password for all four is 3474. Log in and look around. For those of you who have offered to join and are not in the first four, go ahead and sign up at the same link by going to the e-store. I will personally guarantee that you will get your money's worth, even if I have to contact you directly to give you the good dope. E-mail me to let me know what you think of the idea and to share your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
My code group is alive, as are others I know of, but mostly only for pelagics.

2 meter ham, sat phones, cell phones & private emails have replaced blogs on public forums. I had over 200 private emails more than three years ago with just one post here wanting to go with it, but that was just too many folks, imho.

Tough to make it a money maker imho, and tougher to have hundreds pounding the same water. A close knit groups of fishing friends mixed in with a few full time pros, and your on the fish from day to day during the season as needed.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A good solid code group is hard to build. Getting up to date Marlin dope is impossible around tournament time. Try joining a local fishing club and making a group that way.
Bob

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>Does this apply to Marlin dope as well? ;)
As you know Bill, I am a firm believer in networking. The ocean is too big, fuel is too high and good dope is really only one part of the puzzle. So, yes the Code Group will be up during marlin season, but more importantly, it will be up to help us all find Elvis!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hello John !!! Iam very interested and want to contribute and join.
I have a few questions. Could you possibly PM me with your # or something like that, when you have time. Perhaps you will call me ?
My name is John 949-574-1858. I logged 200 hours of fishing Cat alone last year. BIG TENTACLES OUT !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts