All Coast banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm not going to whine about the prices at the fuel dock although clearly there is a reason to. what i'd like to know is what anyone has done if anything as an alternative.

first off, can someone post directions to janks? that is the obvious short term solution. even the guys on the MDR dock working said the prices have affected them in that they don't get tips because of the lack of business. everyone is heading south for fuel.

it's unfortunate that another arrangement can't be made. i understand that it's illegal to fuel your boat at the dock in the marina. is it also illegal to bring 50 gallons or so of fuel with you each trip and pump it to your tank at sea? how far out must you go?

is there a special license that would permit someone to fill your boat at the slip? could a fuel boat business be opened that would top off your tank during the week when you're not there? i've heard they have this in san diego. what legal hurdles do we have to overcome to get something like this in MDR? it seems that it would be easy to beat the fuel dock's prices by a long way and still provide convenience in not having to fuel on the way in/out.

does anyone have an email address for the corporate entity managing the fuel dock? has anyone written a letter to "the log" or similar newspaper that could be published? i've had success in the past by posting about a business online and getting similar feedback from several dozen other people and then emailing a link of that conversation to the business owner. it helps for them to see that you're not the only one that thinks they're out of line.

my goal is $3/gallon at the local MDR dock with the 200 gallon price break. (by the way, the new owner doesn't give price breaks really. used to be a nice one...now it's only a dime). otherwise i'd like to see another fueling option besides a drive to san pedro. any help and support will make the cause that much better. i'm sick of whining but i refuse to pay the current local price.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Hills fuel dock in NB has a fuel delivery boat, however, I believe it is only for diesel. My understanding is that they don't charge anymore for delivery, so you just pick up the phone, and call for delivery, and leave your CC #, and the boat is fueled right at the slip without you even having to be there. It's a great service, and all you need is a 100 ton Tankerman's ticket. They should get a similar service up in MDR as well, and could probably get away with charging a premium for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts