Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went down on the 1st of June On AA to East Cape. No problem then with the rod tube which I had at 7 ft 3 inches to accomodate my 7 foot rods. But now after the 15th I think depending on when you bought your tickets they will make you pay for a rod tube as long as it does not go over 115 inches overall ( length + diameter)as well as any two bags you check in. You can carry on your reels with line on them. Just declare them as your going through security.

·
Registered
503 Posts
nikmax said:
Has anyone traveled on AA to Cabo recently? I need to know their policy on rod tubes. Any info would be appreciated.
AA recently chaged their baggage policy to charge you for a 2nd check on item. The wife & I flew AA back from Cabo 2 weeks ago. My rod tube was checked as another baggage item along with two suitcases. I didn't pay any extra for a 2nd baggage item because our reservations were made before AA changed the policy. Now you only get one check in item, any thing after that is an extra charge. Dan

This post edited by cnorris 06/16/2008

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.