Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if either nacho or bill's has anchovies right now? i need to get some today to stick in the freezer for this weekend. and actually, i guess i could drive up to SMB if larry has some. they're just going in a bucket anyway. but i'd rather stay close and do a couple of drifts in LA Harbor if it's possible.

thanks.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Larry no longer has any Anchovies Glendon.
He has LIVE Sardines (some of the nicest BEEEEEG ones in years) and LIVE Mackerel.

I wonder if I have any in MY freezer?

Stripers won't eat little Sardines?

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured they'd eat sardines, but i wasn't too sure and didn't want to go without what i know they'll eat. i've got some 'dines in my freezer so i should be good.

thanks to both of you. i GREATLY appreciate the info.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I'll check when I get home today and see if I have some Anchovies buried in the freezer.

I'll call you if I do, then you have to come and get them Glendon.

John.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
If they seem slow to bite on the whole Anchovie try cutting the bait in half and using the tail section, it's worked for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>I'll check when I get home today and see if I have some
>Anchovies buried in the freezer.

i appreciate the offer GREATLY john, but don't worry about it. it'll probably be cheaper for me to just buy them at the store than drive to your place to get them. the price of gas these days is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! and i need to go get a 2-rod stamp and CO river stamp anyway. so i'll just pick some up then.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
>If they seem slow to bite on the whole Anchovie try cutting
>the bait in half and using the tail section, it's worked for
>me. Good luck.

thanks for the tip Bubba. GREATLY appreciated. we're hoping to come home with the $100,000 for first place.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Don't be afaid to throw the 9" or 11" AC in Trout patterns either, big bait equals big fish with those Stripers.;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts