Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

Anyone Heading South Friday?

741 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Wideopen 
#1 ·
We will leave MdR Thursday, planning to arrive somewhere south of San Clemente at the crack of dawn Friday. Will fish Friday and Saturday. We are still trying to figure out the best place to start, and any input would be appreciated. Also, anyone else heading out that wants to share info, drop me a note and we will coordinate.
Good luck to all,

Rick

#2 ·
Rick,

I've got a crew of Wideopen and Rob E on my boat fishing the Cabo Yachts tourney this weekend. We will depart Friday evening from Newport after the registration and make our way south - as of this time our destination is TBD. We will fish Saturday and drop the hook in Pyramid on Saturday night. I will email you from the office tomorrow (that's where I have your email I think). Let's arrange a channel.

Edit: SCI schedule is showing a SHOBA/BX closure (no anchoring at Pyramid) on Saturday night. Not sure what that means as the tourney fleet was planning on meeting up there. No matter - we'll figure out our overnight plans later.

Rob.

#5 ·
>Rick,
>
>I've got a crew of Wideopen and Rob E on my boat fishing the
>Cabo Yachts tourney this weekend.

let see if i got this right Rob. your crew is you,

(is that a new way to spot paddies?) wideopen who hasn't been over 8 knots since he bought his boat and won't be able to spot anything with the boat going 20 knots. and Rob E (sorry, i've got nothing on him)?????

sounds like you guys could you use a young set of eyes to go up in the tower to spot paddies for you, gaff fish (although not from the tower), and clean fish for you. ;)

sorry, i couldn't resist and it's been way too long since that picture has popped up around here.

have fun out there and good luck in the tourney!!!!

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

#6 ·
Well Glendon...I guess I will have to manage to stay awake this time since I'll be running the boat. I do, however, look forward to getting my annual nap on firstwatch's beautiful boat during the Pesky...that chair is just too comfortable.

Since none of us old guys have any desire to have our vision shortfalls highlighted by your youthful eyes and since I LOVE to gaff fish almost as much as I love to catch fish...no soup for you. Now...cutting fish...that's a way to get a ride on my boat in the future...since I just hate to cut fish!!!

#7 ·
>no soup for you.

LMAO!!!! no soup for you. NEXT!!!!!! the soup nazi, what a great episode that was.

>Now...cutting fish...that's a way to get a ride on
>my boat in the future...since I just hate to cut fish!!!

now that i can do, and i actually rather enjoy doing that. we might be on to something here.

i tell you what, bring your fish back to the dock and i'll come down this time and cut them for you and you can check out my work. i'll charge you $2 a fish (tips are always appreciated), and if you like what you see, i'll let you invite me along next time. LMAO!!!!!! what a great deal for you. ;)

of course i'm COMPLETELY kidding and would NEVER try to invite myself onto someone else's boat. nobody likes THAT guy.

have a blast out there this weekend, catch some fish, and be safe. looking forward to your report.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.