All Coast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Cat on Thursday, and we're hoping to make some macks b4 leaving the harbor. Are they still at the Long Beach bait barges? We plugged the tank with them a couple weeks ago.

Thanks,

Kurt

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Last couple trips I've been out Nacho hasn't had the lights on in the morning and needless to see there has been no macks or smelts around. Maybe if you anchord up and had a light out and some chum you could get them to build up under the boat. Good luck and I hope you find the mackies.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was at Cat on Sunday and we had no problem finding plenty of macs on the front side, both Greenbacks and Spanish.

LarryL

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
If Nacho has the lights on, you should be good to go! We were able to make a few on Sunday, but we got up too late to fill the tank. Good luck!

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately it's moot as the forecast has changed. We'll be bassing at PV instead.

.THU...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. LOCAL GUSTS TO 25 KT NEAR THE SAN PEDRO CHANNEL IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 2 TO 4 FT AT 10

Don't want to drive home from Catalina in that slop in an open 18' boat.

Kurt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts