Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to navigate this sight and see exactly what it has to offer. Over the past few months I have enjoyed reading the private boater's fishing posts. I want to support this sight while at the same time increase my chances of catching something...It looks like they offer a few services that may assist a private boater in knowing which direction to head. What is the diference betwen an Allcoast membership ($39.00) and the Reel Time membership ($99.00) besides the cost? Sounds like you have access to the reel time reports if you are a member?

I would be interested in your opinion of both of these services and clarifiaction regarding the difference between the two.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
And you could hear pin drop......Anyone, anyone,... :)

With out rehashing the whole Reeltime AC thing.....I will give the basic info on what Reeltime was then, what it was suppose to be become, the history behind the dead airtime, and what it is now... IMO :)

When i first discovered AC, i used it, learned from, and contributed to it....Because i personally felt since i was benefiting from AC, felt i should fork over the (at that time) $35 membership fee.

About 6 months later, Reeltimes became a included benefit with your paid AC membership....FANSTAIC..well worth it.

Reeltime was providing some decent info via radio transmission, inside info, agreements with other websites, as well as some sporties (if i am wrong here i apologize). Danny would post this info as soon as he got it....he also provided great info on weather, chlorophyll charts and other helpful info.

Shortly after RT was up and going good, one of the main antenna were stolen from there Mexico tower.....Reeltime (RT) was down for many months after this.

Then when it came back on line, the reports were did not seem to be as "REELTIME" as before, (not to RT's lack of effort), but info was still provided, along with weather and other helpful details, but the Reeltime info on bites and fish locations seemed to be a day old (not always).

A few months later, it was posted that RT would still be Affiliated with AC, but would now be it's own separate entity...and mebership fee of $99 would be required to gain access to the RT reports.

Well this did not go well with paying AC members, who were under the belief that a paid AC membership would allow them access to RT reports. Many had re-upped because of this promise and understanding (made by AC and RT).
A man of his word, Danny (RT owner) stood by his word, and allowed paying AC members access to his new website and RT.

Now, the difference is this...Reeltimes goal is to provide up to the minute on the water reports via private boaters radio transmission, sport baot transmission, cell phone call ins by those on the water, current and recent fish info from other websites that have agreements with RT, and of course current weather and conditions and other chart and graph info.

AC provides great info, but only if provided by he members, paying or non paying....sometime the info is current, sometime the info is a few days old....and sometime the info is just plain useless. But quite often the info is outstanding.

AC offers many other features and options such as the tackle boats, the Advertise and trade board, long range boars etc.....it all depends on what your are looking for....and it is free...but i feel if you take, you should give back. Many take info from AC, and never give back, either via monetary, or at least with good quality reports (JMO). Most reports a by the same handful of regulars...again JMO

If RT makes, (and i hope they do)i am sure it will develop into a awesome site, and to help out, now that i see Danny has added a few boards for general fishing topics I plan on posting my reports on AC and RT.

I enjoy AC very much, and have gained most of my fishing knowledge from AC, as well as made a few friends....but RT I belive has the same potential, it just needs a loyal and contributing following...I hope they get it...as said before, i am now going to post my fish reports on both sites, i feel I owe it to RT, since they have honored thier argueement in regards to
previously paid AC/RT meberships.

His reports provide a sh%t load of details,and more info then one can ask for..

His (RT, Danny) reports are now also very much up to the minute, hour or day.

Well this went much longer then i planned.... :)
I guess i did rehash just a tad....lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the great response. I too agree, I want to contribute to this sight as I find it very informative. I am going to do my best to post my finds.

Today my son and I had two hours (0900-1100) wide open Calico Bass fishing. We fished the point just just north of Dana Point Harbor. Although we caught some on live bait, the plastics (Zooms) were killing them. They were hitting the Zooms (all colors) on the sink or slow retrieve. Had to have hooked 25 fish with three of them topping three pounds. We released everyone so that we could catch them another day...

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
This is a good post so I decided to pin it and reply.
Blackfish's response is fairly close to the history mark.
Allcoast is actually ASF Sports Corp which was started by Ginger & I 13 years ago.
A few years later Mel Auiler joined us until his death in 2002. He will always be missed by us. I still miss him every day.
Several years ago Danny came to us with an idea for Reel Time Reports. I decided to bankroll with it and formed Reel Time Reports, Corp.
There are several share holders including RX John, tsurikichi/Ron, & Danny/yellowfin400. Ginger & I retain a controlling share.
Reel Time went through some really rough patches. The problems with the antenna site in Mexico were much worse then simply losing an antenna. Because of that we elected to give ASFA Members a full season this year to make up for the rough times.
We have an antenna site at Mark Wisch's Pacific Edge in Huntington Beach, Calif.
We are also working toward soon having another antenna site in the San Diego Area. Danny & I are heading down next week to arrange that.
We will keep the reports flowing throughout the fishing season.
We will decide what position to take at the start of next years fishing season as to the value of Reel Time to its subscribers. This will be determined by the equipment, antenna sites, etc. in place at that time.
Danny is doing a truly great job with the reports right now. Any of you that havenâ??t read his reports are really missing the boat.
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts