All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better carry some pre-filled jugs...diesel: $3.81; gas: $4.45 & $4.57....:( Newport fuel dock gas is $2.72 This year, I will be taking swingers and nudists to cut my operating costs....:)

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Just curious, why would a 38' Uni ever need to fuel up in Avalon? Unless you are planning on spending an extended period there of course. Avalon has always been about a 30% premium to those on the beach, mostly due to the cost of getting the fuel across the creek.....safely!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
A big premium plus the risk that the rumors are true about what the bottom of the diesel tank is like there...

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Not sure much fishing will get done with swingers and nudists onboard.
You'd better hide the treble hooks also.

Man are WE getting screwed on this gas deal.
It all rolls up hill to Governor GeorgeW.
Yeah I said Governor, . . .
that cheatin' no-good can't-read can't-write can't-speak . . .
What an embarrasement to this country he is!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I haven't filled up at Avalon for years..I have two 150 gallon fuel tanks, so, my problem is it is several months before refills and I always forget how much is remaining in my tanks...Island Burgers has all my money!! (2 kids)...:)Oil just hit an all time high at $72 a barrel..We produce 8 million gallons a day and use 21 plus million gallons a day...I am investing in corn/biofuel futures with my good friend Warren Buffett....:(

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
>Actually, I haven't filled up at Avalon for years..I have two
>150 gallon fuel tanks, so, my problem is it is several months
>before refills and I always forget how much is remaining in my
>tanks...Island Burgers has all my money!! (2 kids)...:)Oil
>just hit an all time high at $72 a barrel..We produce 8
>million gallons a day and use 21 plus million gallons a
>day...I am investing in corn/biofuel futures with my good
>friend Warren Buffett....:(

Agreed, I invested in energy equities a few years back and has beared fruit, and more than offset any rises in fuel costs! I'll bet Mr. Aloha, could expand on that one!

Island Burgers? Just go to Big Olaf's for the $1 kid's scoop of Ice cream....lot's cheaper!

John, Do you really think that Al Gore would have been the solution?

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
How could anyone do a worse job managing this country than GeorgeW has done?
Al Gore the solution, I should say not.
I'm just apauled at what GeorgeW has accomplished, or not accomplished.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Hi Jsea,

Watch the BBC news as well as other foregin news outlets and laugh my butt off when it's clear that Bush, as a world leader, is an obvious embarrasment to other countries leaders who, for various reasons, feel it a neccessary evil to asociate themselves with him! Enough politics.

To my reason for posting: Are the collapsable fuel tanks something that you think is worth having from a space and safety standpoint?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes Sir, Mr. tsurikichi,

They are called fuel bladders.

On another note: How come every time the price of fuel and the question of whether we, as a NATION, are being reamed by the oil companies and a compliant administration comes up, there are those who blow off the discussion by announcing the great investment decisions they personally have made in energy stocks?? Maybe they just need to affirm how smart they are or intimate to others how much surplus wealth they have to invest, but it seems callous and insensitive to the majority among us who may find that fuel costs and the inflationary ripple through everything we consume and need for subsistance, theatens our ability to continue to pursue, especially as PBers, a sport and life style we cherish.

Kind of reminds me of a former poster now banned on Allcoast who regularly responded to guys seeking advice on their first boat (center console or no, a used small boat or a new one, etc.) by stating he just got back from Australia where he checked out a boat made from Bertram molds, and how a 38 footer could be had for a mere $350,000, and how he is comtemplating pulling thr trigger on the boat with his bonus from his latest motion picture financing deal. LMAO.

Fish the Tides - Freddie

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
So based on the one sentence I put down there about energy equities you gleaned that I am an insensitive, overbearing blowhard that loves to brag about how much money I have. Huh! First off I am not the wealthy many you portray, unfortunately, and anyone that knows me would know thats the last thing I would do! Although I have a number of successful friends, they and I live by very simple principles, and not the lavish decedence you infer. Lastly, did you ever think that I may have putit up there to help those to offer an alternative? Most stocks trade in the low $20's, so even buying a few at a time could pay huge dividends. Somehow I got lumped into a different bucket by you! Good luck with you seminar tonight. Bill

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
"Lavish decadence" is bit of hyperbole on what actually I said, LOL. And my remark was NOT directed particularly at you. I had just finished reading this thread

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=203554&mesg_id=203554&page=

and was struck by the same deal - the announced foresight to buy energy stocks blowing off what the hell is really going on, the "I'm allright, Jack" attitude. I posted the exact reply on that thread also. So I wasn't attacking you, but this tendency to reply to threads on fuel price crisis by announcing personal success in avoiding the hurt by "joining them." Such comments seem insensitive to me and are not really an option for the majority of ACers. JMHO. Besides, I believe in the "miracle of compound interest." ;-)

Fish the Tides - Freddie

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gee Freddie, do we all have to be politically correct? Island Burgers really does have all my money....:) Didn't your momma ever warn you about talking politics and religion? Ok...my version: Bush is the front man for Cheney who knows our oil is running out. These wars aren't about "democracy"..they are about putting in puppet leaders who will sign long term leases with us for their resources..Can they say it up front to the American public...I think not..P.S. Warren Buffett said if I ever call his office again with my bio-tec schemes, he will sue me big time....

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
"The miracle of compound interest" will keep you working until you are 80! Freddie, You said particularily, thus you were addressing myself as well as Bob. We both made one sentence statements on an investment option that could help those concerned about rising fuel prices at the fuel dock, not to gloat about personal wealth or gain. Additionally you referred to the collateral damage of rising fuel costs to todays economy, and the average family and fisherman.....we did not! In fact I added that Mr. Aloha chime in, as his expertise may also shed some light, thus help. You took it entirely out of context. This is not an attack....I don't do that, and I don't believe you do either. It was simply just a clarification. You seem like a great guy, and even better fisherman, so let's call it even! :7

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Bill knows me well and to what I do for a living so he alludes to my views...but Mr. Aloha has no public comment on the state of our union and it's economy (although Bill well knows my views!!). However, I would point out that Bill/Wideopen is an extremely good guy with a very low-ego (despite his smarts and success) - disclaimer - he's a good friend. And he's a great fisherman although you can't get his focus on anything other than the pointy noses. Just don't ever buy him a gift cuz he will criticize the color :).

And, while I don't know Freddy other than having met him once or twice and from the boards, he seems like a nice and smart guy and is obviously a great fisherman although you can't get his focus on anything other than those big homeguard YT's at "that island"!! And the man knows his tides LOL!!

I will say this: This painful subject will remain painful...and become even more painful over time...and, in turn, that will cause lots of collateral pain (which is what most folks have really yet to feel). Like Mr. T used to say, "My prediction is PAIN". I'm sorry to say it. Alot of hardworking Americans are going to have a very tough time maintaining the same quality of life to which they have become accustomed.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Bill, Aloharob, peace be onto you both. One item, I'm happily retired. Second item, compound interest, going out 10 years near the top during the hyperinflation 80s and and late 90s, has been lovely to me. Awaiting the next chance to go out long term. And boy, do you sleep well with federal instruments.

Fish the Tides - Freddie

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Freddie,

Feel free to give Bill a hard time.... Rumor has it, he has shares in the MDR fuel dock operation..... :)

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
46 Posts
Purchased Gas in NewPort, $200.00 got us 50 gal. Yep thats right!!!
Good thing we hold 350 gal....LOL....over $3.50 gal now or it was on Thurs....

Heck, I would hawk my wife for gas to go fishing!!!!
J/K sweety...whew...
KP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts