Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished with Baja Pirates of La Paz? If so, just wondering on your take of their operation. If you've never heard of them, their website is www.bajapiratesoflapaz

Tightline,
Anthony

·
Banned
559 Posts
The owner/operator passed away of a heart attack recently while fishing within the last 4 months and I'm not sure of whom took over the reigns.

My experience in July 06 was terrible. I booked a fish package and when we showed up to La Concha he was no where to be seen. Actually booked another trip through Mosquito Fleet on the pier at La Concha. He called me at 10pm and said he was ready to go. I stressed out my first day. I'm not sure who's running that operation since. They have triumph 18 foot center consoles, yet suck...IMO. I'll fish a dngy if I'm bendo'd anyday.

If you want service and someone you can talk to...with undoubtfully the best Pangueros at Las Arenas and La Paz...you see Jonathon Rolden. Request Jorge and/or his brother and you will have a trip that will last a lifetime. Jonathon is a class act. He works harder at what he's doing then any of us Gringos (100 hours plus a week..true story) and will be hanging out at the hotel with you after every day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jonathon works hard at providing a good trip and so does David Jones of fishermensfleet.com......loads of experience in the same area....personally, I much prefer fishing from Las Arenas than LaPaz Bay....

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
VernAK said:
Jonathon works hard at providing a good trip and so does David Jones of fishermensfleet.com......loads of experience in the same area....personally, I much prefer fishing from Las Arenas than LaPaz Bay....

Downside of Las Arenas...you have a long very early Like wake up at 4:30 a.m.) morning drive to the launch area... and you are back on the beach for the ride home at 2 p.m. no matter what..

·
Banned
559 Posts
fishybuzz said:
VernAK said:

Downside of Las Arenas...you have a long very early Like wake up at 4:30 a.m.) morning drive to the launch area... and you are back on the beach for the ride home at 2 p.m. no matter what..
Agreed. Its kind of sketchy drive super early...BUT the boat ride out with the sunrise is quite possibly the most beautiful sight you can ever see. Las Arenas is super fishy and you can just feel it in the air. I heard they are bringing back the hotel...but haven't heard anything since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.