Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both myself and a buddy bought the new baker reels, the small 2-speeds - size 6. We have not had a chance to use them, but had "issues" when we first got them. John took them back and took care of things - But, now that they have been around for 6 months - does any one have an opinion on these new reels ? Or has anyone used them and had any type of problems ? any feed back would be great - thanks - Seeker.

·
Registered
40 Posts
seeker said:
Both myself and a buddy bought the new baker reels, the small 2-speeds - size 6. We have not had a chance to use them, but had "issues" when we first got them. John took them back and took care of things - But, now that they have been around for 6 months - does any one have an opinion on these new reels ? Or has anyone used them and had any type of problems ? any feed back would be great - thanks - Seeker.
Greetings Seeker,

Your going to enjoy your reel. I just got back from a 5 day trip this past Friday (Vagabond), and had a JB4 2/spd to try out. Very impressed for a reel that small. Fished yellows at Cedro island, yoyo jigging. Caught yellows up to 28 lbs. At one spot, caught and released 6 yellows, all on the JB4 2/spd. Shifting from high speed to low speed was smooth and easy. Drag system is excellent. Even yellows 20 - 28 lbs was not a fair test (no problem for this reel). This is a solid reel.

Just wish we had bigger fish. No worries, Rocks and the Ridge in late September should be a good test.8)

Enjoy....

Bass regards,
Mel "Kahuna bass"

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a 12 that I used on my recent 17 day trip in April and May..I had the Baker 12 and an Accurate 665W 2 speed both setup with 60 pound topshots and was using them for Wahoo with Bombs and Iron..I found myself going to the Accurate the most simply for ease of shifting as it takes some getting used to shifting the rotary shifter on the Baker reel..I do plan on putting in some time with the reel on my 8 day trip coming up in early July..I didn't have any problems with the Baker though,it's just going to take some getting used to.I did get some Wahoo to the boat without problems with the Baker reel..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.