Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Here is a summary of yesterday's and Today's REEL TIME REPORT.

Starting a couple of days ago Bonito started filtering in along the South Coast and up to the Palos Verdes area. Yesterday the Bonito went CRAZY. Spots of 6 to 10lb fish were found from a mile to 3or so offshore and were hot on the troll and on Bird schools. Big schools of Bonito were also found all along the beach with the Red Bell bouy being a hot spot as was Izors reef. These coastal fish were a tad smaller in the 4 to 6lb class.
This morning the bite was excellent for some and a pick for others but the real news was the appearance of Giant Barracuda. Some were caught yesterday afternoon but the real bite came today. Most are 5 - 6lbers but a number of fish are reported to be 10lb plus LOGS. One of the Hot Spots is/was right in front of Newport Harbor. A short 1/4 to 1/2 mile run to some outstanding fishing.
Other areas include Marina Del Rey, The Horseshoe/Rigs/150 and Salt Creek, The Domes, Del Mar, and La Jolla. Barracuda and Bonito are both biting in all the above mentioned areas.

The weather isn't all that nice. Many are complaining and this afternoon a stiff west wind made things even worse.
The seas are steep and narrow and very confused. It is fishable within a few miles of the coast but outside it is pretty nasty. The Tanner bouy has come down from 14.5 ft yesterday to 9.8 ft today but the seas are running 6 to 7 seconds apart. MAJOR YUCK!

Also if you were a REEL TIME REPORTS Member you would have the Dope on the Yellowtail Bite Turning on RIGHT NOW

If you were an Allcoast Member you would already know about all of this from my reports.
We are still accepting PAID Allcoast Membership as payment to belong to Reel Time Reports. The Up to minute detailed reports along with the latest SST images make it well worth the price!! But you will also recieved the latest Chlorophyll images, Current and forecasted Swell and wind models, Tide Charts, Moon Phase charts, Detailed GPS information, both current and listing of all the local and offshore hotspots, Contact Information for the best supply of Live bait (if any) and much more. Just one tip which points you in the right direction will pay for its self. The added perk of at the moment knowledge just makes it all that much the Better!!
ADD to All of this is We are going to be Giving away a BRAND NEW Custom Rod to a random new member and we are also going to be giving away a 2nd stick the the current Member who refers the most new members to sign up!
Click on this link to see a Sample Report:
http://www.reeltimereports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73

Not a Member yet????????
Why Not???????????
For the really dedicated fishermen out there this is simply a no brainer!

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW and JOIN the REST OF US!!
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AC011191yr&Category_Code=mem

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Hi Yellowfin400,

Wow ! Great news! As always .... couldn't take my eyes off the report till I read it through. :) Guess I'll have to force myself to go out tomorrow to check it out! Can't wait till we share a rail again!

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ron,
Same here my friend!! It wasn't so bad sitting here doing reports when there wasn't much of anything happening

BUT NOW......................

Even some guys in a Pavilon skiff nailed some Log Cudas.

Oh Man I am getting a twich now. I belive only a stint at the rail with the LONG ROD and a 7X will cure me now.......

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Danny,

Sounds great...

I tried Horseshoe for a while on the way back from Avalon, but I was going deep and didn't toss out a troll jig..... my error now reading your report as I should of run around the grounds out there before heading in.

Thanks for all the effort your putting into Reel Reports, it is growing every day and with the water warming up, it should pop soon!!

I know I'll be watching, checking in and hopefully contributing with some news of my own... :)

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts