Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been interesting to watch the last 2 weeks. The SD fleet fishing just on the border and a little south of the border 2 weeks ago, then overnight they all moved to the 43 and Desperation Reef off of SCI. Seeing lots of BFT's boiling and on the sonar but they are not really biting. It got to the point that the Intrepid took off Sunday night for their 5-day Larry Brown charter to the Northern Channel islands to fish for tanker WSB for 2.5 days. I bet the Channel Island boats were tripping out on seeing an SD long range boat fishing in their backyard. LOL!

It now looks like the SD fleet are heading down below the border and west of San Quintin looking for YFT's, Dorado, and YT's. Fishing BFT's has been tougher for the fleets lately and they are turning off their AIS systems more. I can't blame them.

The local O.C. and Pedro boats have been fishing mostly Catalina and SBI the past couple of weeks. Fishing at SCI has been kind of a disappointment. Weird currents, water temps, and seals have been the culprit at SCI as of lately. Too bad, I like fishing SCI very much. Apparently BFT schools have been boiling just off of the banks of O.C and all the way up through Santa Monica Bay. Some fishermen fishing squid for WSB in Santa Monica Bay last week hooked and landed a 178# BFT.

Anyways...hope you all get to go out soon and wet a line. Have a Happy 4th of July this upcoming weekend!

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice report. I have yet to ride the Intrepid, you?

The 85-Day I normally do is out now and doing well. I could not make it do to travel restrictions...
No I have not done a trip on the Intrepid. But I would like to do a 5 day trip on it.

Bummer that you could not fly out this year and get on a long range trip. Hopefully you can next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts