Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Sky Fishing net Vertebrate Cloud

I had the pleasure of fishing with Rubin Duran on his 21-foot Mako, “Sofia,” for three days last week out of Lopez Mateos. Unfortunately, the forecast called for strong winds in the Pacific, so we elected to stay inside the estuary, which is more protected from the elements, rather than going offshore.

Each morning, motoring a short distance from the launch ramp, we spotted pelicans feeding on Monetary sardines. Rubin only had to toss his cast net once each day to make all the bait needed to fill the well.

My last couple of trips to Lopez fishing had been tough, and we had worked hard to scratch out a few fish. However, this time, the stars were aligned, and it was action-packed the entire time on the water. I not only caught my bucket list snook but landed a limit of snook each day along with a limit of corvina and several grouper. Unfortunately, we were done by 12:30 in the afternoon on our third day. I hated for the trip to end and am looking forward to returning.

https://bajabytes.com/2021/12/21/a-baja-merry-christmas/

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I always wanted to fish inside mag bay, fished outside from long range boats, but never inside.
Me too.
Looks like the kind of place an angler could spend days weeks exploring and finding fish.

On a PB several decades ago, we took the 'scenic' rout back up from Cabo.
Motored along inside the bay for half a day, dodging trap buoys along the way, before popping back out onto the Pacific.
I'd love to have had a week to make that drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts