Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
{A goggle search gave me the impression that there is a new version of this song..something to do with "OC"?? I don't know it. The one I know is from either the 20s or 30s. (My granma used to sing it.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, click HERE You got to listen for about 60 seconds before you get to the classic line in my title.} Anyhow, our stuff has been delivered to the RRIII office according to UPS. We got our suitcases packed.....but it seems for sure that we are forgetting something. We are trying to cover every contingency with our full time house/dog sitter. Worse is trying to make sure the lab and office is going to be able to handle stuff when I'm gone. Here's a promise: When I step on that plane leaving Flyoverland, I'm gonna forget all the hassles in getting ready, the floods, even the pain I'm in for upon return. For two weeks I'm gonna try to focus only on having a good time. (Thank Gawd the boats don't have internet connections! LOL) See (at least some of) y'all soon.

This post edited by Oldtimer 06/24/2008

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
captn_tom said:
Are they still out? How's the fishing?
They didn't pull out until last Saturday, and they didn't even start fishing until yesterday around noon or a little later. Here is what the boat reported as of a couple of hours ago:

"June 30th, 2008

Good morning folks. Yesterday we found good action on 15 to 20 pound yellowfin with one bigger fish about 40 pounds. No yellows mixed in but then again we only spent the afternoon on the anchor. No wahoo yet but with the great conditions down here it could be soon.

We are anchored up here again and waiting to see what happens, we see some smaller fish around and hoping the big ones move in. If we have another day like yesterday we will be looking for something else tomorrow possibly Cedros for yellows.

Andy Cates"

If you want to follow their progress, you can read the daily reports here:

Red Rooster III Fishing Reports

Personally, I want to hear how all of the allcoasters are doing, with special emphasis on the Oldtimer and Wifeo. I think we'll only hear the real story when they get back, though, and it will be OT that writes it up...

And yes, I am still way bummed that I'm not fishing with them...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.