Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked tempbreak this morning. Pretty solid 20+ mph all over the islands. Kicked up in less than an hour.

Any hope this will settle down?

I'm not a crazy as Flatty when is comes to crossing the channel.

;-)

burp!

"El Corazon"
David Brandt
25' Grady White
Moorpark
Fish till ya drop ...
Drink till ya drop ...
Bulls#&t till ya drop ..

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Getting over wont be a problem, coming back is always the problem. Leave the lunch hook at home and bring extra food and beverage. My guess is that it will be more praty and less fish-o--rama.
CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like I over-reacted. Just a "cell" that blew through and now it's calm. Should have known better.

PRATY IS JUST FINE WITH ME ... CIGARS & CORAZON ALL WEEKEND!

BURP!

"De LOCA LOBA"
David Brandt
25' Grady White
Moorpark
Fish till ya drop ...
Drink till ya drop ...
Bulls#&t till ya drop ..

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Like Dave said on the backside should be fine. Thank god conditions wont (or shouldnâ??t) be like last weekend. Big south swell and south wind with a nw wind. It was screwed to say the least.

I was posting for Don who would be driving up from Long Beach up swell. That would not have been fun for him.

You guys/gals go have fun now!

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Was just talking to TINY aka BADGER . .
Only 5 KTS at Rosa right now.
I'm in, seaya all there.
Not sure when yet though.
The Mrs is real sick at home.
Need to make sure my Son will be around all weekend to watch her.
If she gets any worse I may have to fly the helicopter up and drop the SCHWAGG from above.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Tiny here,

http://www.nawcwpns.navy.mil/~weather/mugu/mesodata/analysis.html

While there maybe wind in the afternoon, am should be fine, also SW influence is never considered into the forecast, the SE dominated the W this morning for the most part which has been the pattern.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
You two need to get a room.

Hey...it's gonna be fine this weekend behind the islands....Bowen to San Pedro Pt should be no problem...the wind forecasts over the area don't look bad...it's the shiznit to the outside that's poop. Behind 'capa should be fine as well.

Launching out of CIH. 130 or 2-ish. It's summer. Bring red cups.

Dave
My Three Sons

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
RE: Bring a blindfold!

Hey Dave you still fish? If you need any help getting over there give me a call I will get you the numbers! LOL.

Bring the red cups!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Ventura ramps

Hey guys pay close attention to the blue markers on the docks in Ventura. Low tide can be a bitch to launch there. Dont let your trailer tires go beyond those blue markers. It drops off after that and will ruin your day!

·
Registered
76 Posts

Not sure if your guys use this site but its been good to me all year when I plan to be at Rosa/Cruz. Check out the wind and swells by putting your mouse over the time period.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecasts/graphical/sectors/lox.php

Randy

·
Registered
7,160 Posts

I need a subject header for that Randy so I can add it to the PB'er LINKS.
That page and functionality are sweet if they are that accurate! :7
What would you call a general term for all the STUFF on that page?

Thank You for that!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Just came in from 2 days of fishing and the weather was great. A little bumpy coming home, but not too bad. Just checked noaa and it looks good, only problem I have is the tongue on my trailer broke almost completely off after hitting a dip half asleep,sparks everywhere. Had to park it on the street. I should be able to repair it tomorrow, if not maybe David will let me jump on his boat and I'll leave the lady at home. So I'm a maybe for now.

BTW the fishing was good. Another grand slam for me. YT, WSB, Butts and calis.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

Another grand slam! Maybe you should jump on with me. Good job on the feesh!!!!
CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

Just woke up, Fished very hard for two days out there.. Commercial take (just to get you all pumped up) between Corey and I was about 18 halibut to 30lbs and 35 or so seabass also to 30lbs. Finbait was the key.

Didn't get back to the dock until 7:30 last night so I might not get back out there till early sat. morn. due to a last minute WFO seabass bite.

I might not have time to set out treasure maps for the hunt prize, so I will figure something out ;)

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

"to fish or not to fish..now that's a dumb question!"

·
Registered
76 Posts

JSea,

I am no weather man but on the header it says Graphical Forecasts. This is good for SD guys too by zooming in there area (but not in mexican waters).

BTW, sorry not to introduce myself but I am Romeo's cousin (DZN2FISH w/ Lavon Artworks). Don't report much fishing reports since he does it and I am on his boat 99% of the time when it leaves the dock.

Randy

·
Registered
7,160 Posts

Just hand me the stick now!
Hope to be up there early AM if all works out.
Where did you purchase finbait?
Did you snag your own to supplement, or just plain snag your own finbait?
Cough it up!

John.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts