Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be comming from Long Beach and I assume the area on we will be on is ? can someone give me some #'s so I can plot my course?

Second I just went to Tempbreak and charted a course to the second Island going North I assume thats Santa Rosa and to the South West side of the Island its 77 Miles now with that said I hold 137 Gallons and get 1.8 miles to the gallon thats 85 to 100 gallons depending on weather which leaves me 37 gallons or with a 20 gallon safty area 10 gallons.

how far out of the way is Oxnard or Ventura from where we are going to stay?

Don
28 Albin TE
Crack-o-Dawn

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
good questions. i'm hoping to fish it too and i've never been up to those islands. any info people can give as far as where to fish, numbers for the anchorage, any closures around the island we should be aware of, ect.... would be GREATLY appreciated.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok the first Island is Anacapa (DA) the second is Santa Cruz and the third is Santa Rosa.

If I fuel in San Pedro then Marina Del Rey the distance to Santa Cruz back South/West is 58 Miles and I think I can get 1.8 NMPG so thats 58 miles from Marina Del Rey there and 77 miles back to Long Beach for only 75 Gallons Round trip which leaves me 62 gallons and a 20 Gallon reserve is 42 gallons @1.8 NMPG thats 75 miles of fishing.

Its getting closer.

Don

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
The first test you have to pass is to call it by it's correct name. :p
CAMPOPARTYFISHORAMA, the 3rd annual.

I'd say the group of PB'ers will be in the neighborhood of 34.01.309 & 119.32.314.
http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm?lat=34.022602&lon=-119.537793&scale=40000&zoom=50&type=0&icon=0&searchscope=dom&CFID=155417&CFTOKEN=53856186&scriptfile=http://mapserver.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm&latlontype=DMS

I need to see you before that day.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I'll be launching in Ventura, yeah that's a recommendation.
The bait sitch there is very good now! :7
There's a fuel dock right there also.
'At's a good COMBO IMO!

Hate the poles on the outside of the launch ramps docks though.
The guy that designed and/or signed-off on that should be 2by4'd IMO.

Not sure yet if I'll be heading up that Friday morning early or Saturday morning very very early. It should be a blast, and if the fish hold on just a little longer . .

I can't wait!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
>I need to see you before that day.

me john? or crackodawn?

thanks for the info. i'm 90% sure i'll be there. either on jim's boat or my dad's.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes call me I'll get you the gift certs and hats and shirts.

P.S. how do I launch out of Oxnard I have no trailer or truck that can pull the boat.

Go 35er Bar

Don

·
Registered
93 Posts
> Yes call me I'll get you the gift certs and hats and shirts.
>
>
>P.S. how do I launch out of Oxnard I have no trailer or truck
>that can pull the boat.
>
> Go 35er Bar
>
>
>Don

Do you have time to pull into Channel Islands Harbor and top off the tanks before you hit the Islands? You never know what is going to happen out there.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>> Yes call me I'll get you the gift certs and hats and
>shirts.
>>
>>
>>P.S. how do I launch out of Oxnard I have no trailer or
>truck
>>that can pull the boat.
>>
>> Go 35er Bar
>>
>>
>>Don
>
>
>Do you have time to pull into Channel Islands Harbor and top
>off the tanks before you hit the Islands? You never know what
>is going to happen out there.

I leave work in Sunland Friday at 2PM which should put me in Oxnard at 9-9:30 PM. to late for fuel.

P.S. What will the bait be like to make or should I run with full tanks and burn the fuel.

Is there anyone who has a bladder I can borrow till I get there gerry cans are to much trouble.

Don

Don

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Is this the official thread?
My Three Sons...in the game...again.
John...i will bring ointment and a wrist bracelet.

Dave
My Three Sons

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Been hoping Matt would post the official one with some directions, times, roll call, and anything else he can think of.

If you see him tell him the street lights are on and it's time to come home.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Call the fuel dock, 805-984-1081 before going. If you are taking on enough fuel they sometimes will open up for a boat if they are prearranged.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
OKOKOK, LOL,

Sorry for not catching up, I have been on the water pretty much 5 days a week since the 7th of June. All I can say is we are looking at one heck of a year for CPFO 3... I will speak with Mark at Dave's fuel dock about coming down to fuel up boats, I will just need a list of those who need fuel and what time they will arrive.

Those trailering up can punch in either Channel Islands harbor, or Ventura harbor into mapquest and presto... instant directions :)

time to post a roll call thread.

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

"to fish or not to fish..now that's a dumb question!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts