All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The date is the second weekend in August.
That would be 8/11, 8/12, and 8/13.

What WE need NOW more than anything are a few sponsors.
Captain Matt Bates did a great job coordinating CPFO I & II.
Heâ??s up for CPFO III, but he canâ??t do it alone.
He left me a phone message this morning saying West Marine in Ventura
is stepping up with some SWAG/SCHWAGG and sponsorship for CPFO III.

Weâ??ve had great fishing and a great time the 1st two years!
The Halibut fishing at CPFO II (2005) was nothing less than exceptional.
Check out some of THE PICS from CPFO II.

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=315&topic_id=131919&mesg_id=131919&listing_type=search

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=315&topic_id=131221&mode=full

So I thought Iâ??d try to help Matt out and try to recruit a few sponsors willing to donate a few things.

Please contact Matt or myself in this post, send either of us and IM HERE, or call either of our cell phones.
We will do our best to pick up WHATEVER if we can.

Mattâ??s cell is (805) 407-4031.

My cell is (714) 342-5224.

Thank You!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

Sponsor List
~~~~~~~~

In-Seine Bait Co. (Marina Del Rey) Product

ACTION TROPHY (La Habra)
will be doing the trophies.
D use to do them for the ALLCOAST CaliButt Tournament.
IT'S GREAT to have Doug back onboard here! :7

ALLCOAST Sportfishing (Timbuktu)

WestCoastAngler.Com (Marina Del Rey) Product

David has donated 10 sets of his West Coast Angler Gator Pliers w/leather holder.

The35er.Com (Pasadena) Gift Certificate

Bad-Fish.com (Torrance) Gift Certificate
http://www.bad-fis]

PREVAILER Sportfishing (Ojai) New Stick[/b]
[img]http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/adban/prevailer.gif

Pacific Edge (Huntington Beach) Books

Candy Catchers (Channel Islands) Product

Terrafin.Com (Sandy Eggo) 1 year membership

PROMAR (Torrance) Product
http://www.ameri]
[img]http://www.americanmaple.com/images/ahibanner.jpg

AHI USA (Torrance) Product

LeVon Artworks will donate a Color Illustration of
your vessel with name and framed. Illustration will be
digital and can be used for t-shirt art or collateral.
This prize will go to the 1st Place Fishing Contest WINNER.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Sweet!

We've been throwing around a few new Ideas for Campo III. The first one will be location. Would like to put a poll up here pertaining to which Island would be most desirable...

A new venue for the tournament might be in context of a "draw" slot for speicies weight, determining the winner at weigh in.. ANYONE could win! Who ever has the closest fish to the drawn weight will win that species prize.

Each species could be drawn as well, placing them in prize order, so it really is anyone's guess!
The purpose behind this is to level the field, and encorage everyone to participate.
Anglers can start fishing at greylight Saturday morning until weigh in Sunday at high noon.

This year I will be pre-regestering boats and anglers Via Mail.

The initial concept of CPFO was to create an event where everyone can get out on the water with their friends and families for a weekend to let loose, relax, and indulge in friendly competition on a few different levels.

At around 11:00 on saturday, the games and libations begin back at the "camp" or chosen anchorage. Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the following champions in the following catagories;

Arse Cracker contest..(largest cannonball via audience applause)

Bikini Contest... (walk the plank and strut your stuff, loudest applause determines the winner)

Chugging contest... (The first person to successfully consume a libation and place the cup upon their head.) Depending upon the feild, there may be finalist that will have to Chugg it out*

Salty Chef Challenge... (Break out your best and pass it around for everyone to sample. this winner will be determined prior to weigh in on Sunday.)

*** NEW CHALLENGE FOR CPFO III ***

Treasure Hunt...

Somewhere on the Island will be a new custom wrapped Calstar donated by yours truly. While out fishing, keep a sharp eye out for a "Message in a Bottle" floating near the area. This bottle will contain a treasure map. Find the bottle, follow the map and capture the treasure! There will be 3 bottles with the same map, all floating within 10 miles of the anchorage. First one to reach the treasure wins. Good luck!

Saturday evening the barb-q's and Tiki torches fire up for a great evening of commrodery, food and Libations. Motor on in, and tie up!
A bow-stern-bow-stern ect... alligns decks well for boat hopping and visiting. Bring extra bumpers and rope, Inner tubes work the best, lots of coosh.

Don't forget the Tiki torches!

The second weekend in August has been the date for this event, and unless otherwise decided upon, will remain the same.

By the time CPFO III gets here, it looks like there will be many nice prizes from sponsors, and I think a Tiki Torch Raffle party Saturday night might be in order as well :)

Whatcha think?

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

"to fish or not to fish..now that's a dumb question!"

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
I'd vote Santa Cruz.

Plenty of good anchorages no matter what the swell direction. Good fishing. Close enough to make it easy.

JMO

Bill

·
Registered
17,302 Posts
If work on the "project" progresses according "to plan", I hope to join you all this year.

PS: that's WAY COOL of the other website owners kicking in with goodies. I know that David with WestCoastAnglers.com has always been over-the-top generous.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally I like Smugglers better than Alberts, as it relates to fishing.
You either run up the front or run up the back.
What Matt and I were tossing around went beyond . .
We wanted to throw into the mix SBI and Catalina also,
and see what people thought about those options.

John.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I told Matt there'd be a Norbu revolt if we suggested another island. :eek:
I'm sure we'll end up at CRUZ.

Hopefully, you can hang for the night this year.
Sure hope the fishing this year will be as good as last year.

John.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
>Hopefully, you can hang for the night this year.
>Sure hope the fishing this year will be as good as last year.
>
>John.

I plan on being there for the duration. It already is.

I will call you tomorrow,
David.

·
Registered
683 Posts
2nd for Smugs. It's central. Cat? In the words of Phil F. from 976 Tuna, "Catalina has been a huge dissapointment this year." What are the dates? Will the shy Badger arm wrestle Jenny-O? :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
>We wanted to throw into the mix SBI and Catalina also,

>
>John.

Huh?

Time to put the crack pipe down John.

CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right . . .
I've been drinking way too much milk from the bottle.
That Calcium screws my thought process up all the time.

Catalina was a fleeting thought . .
SBI on the other hand, oh never mind.
As stated, I'm sure we'll end up at CRUZ @ Smuggs.

Check your inbox and maybe you'll understand.

John.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It is looking like Smuggler's by popular demand. No issues here. Unless the C.P.F.O. Advisory council "has a situation" and comes up with something other than, Smuggs it is. :) We will diligently and efficiently take over the anchorage and stake our claim! :p Plenty of tent camping for those who might enjoy that. Does anyone know the regulations for camping on the Island? I think it just takes a permit from the rec. dept..

I'm wondering if we should enter a Barred Surf Perch catagory...I have a feeling Vince on Red Drum could not resist the temptation :)

(Mmmmm! BSP Ceviche!)

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The sponsor list is growing, check it out!
Call me in the office please, we need to discuss trophy STUFF.
11 for 11 so far . . .
That first 'NO' will be brutal!
I may need therapy after that?

John.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
One goal, To regain my Badger Butt Cracker title. Stu, heard the Marlin will be behind capa this year.

We should check into permits too,

1 - 20 of 53 Posts