All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of great sponsors this year, new comers, and the water is in the lower 70's....Nice!

I wouldn't worry too much about bait, I will put in a call to Tim Athens on Outerbanks and have him swing by Smuggler's with the squid.

Primary check in will be at Smuggler's anchorage on Santa Cruz island Saturday morning from 6am on...

Upon check in, you will have the oppertunity to enter the fishing derby which will be $30.00 per angler. Children under the age of 13 will be entered for free as long as their is an adult angler(s) who entered the tournament and paid aboard. This is a 100% payback deal for the anglers who get lucky and land their fish in the slot that will pay. 4 Fish speicies will be randomly drawn, along with the weight. Nobody will know the winner until Noon on Sunday when the winning speicies and weight will be drawn. The speicies to be drawn are White Sea Bass, Halibut, Yellowtail, and Calico. The first speicies drawn will be the 1st place fish, followed by a randomly drawn weight. The second species out of the hat will be 2nd place, and the 3rd is 3rd..

Fishing starts after check in Saturday morning, and stops at 2pm Saturday for festivities. Everyone must check in with me or Jsea at or before 2pm. Fishing can resume after the last contest is complete, until 11:00 am Sunday.

At around 11:00 on saturday, the games and libations begin back at the "camp" or chosen anchorage. Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the following champions in the following catagories;

Arse Cracker contest..(largest cannonball via audience applause)

Bikini Contest... (walk the plank and strut your stuff, loudest applause determines the winner)

Chugging contest... (The first person to successfully consume a libation and place the cup upon their head.) Depending upon the feild, there may be finalist that will have to Chugg it out*

Salty Chef Challenge... (Break out your best and pass it around for everyone to sample. this winner will be determined prior to weigh in on Sunday.)

*** NEW CHALLENGE FOR CPFO III ***

Treasure Hunt...

Somewhere on the Island will be a new "Prize" donated by yours truly. While out fishing, keep a sharp eye out for a "Message in a Bottle" floating near the area. This bottle will contain a treasure map. Find the bottle, follow the map and capture the treasure! There will be 3 bottles with the same map, all floating within 10 miles of the anchorage. First one to reach the treasure wins. Good luck!

Saturday evening the barb-q's and Tiki torches fire up for a great evening of commrodery, food and Libations. Motor on in, and tie up!
A bow-stern-bow-stern ect... alligns decks well for boat hopping and visiting. Bring extra bumpers and rope, Inner tubes work the best, lots of coosh.

Don't forget the Tiki torches!

On Sunday...

Payouts for winning anglers will be

60% for 1st
25% for second
15%for 3rd...
Trophy and prize for 4th...

Anyone who catches a fish can win!

Those who enter the fishing Derby will recieve 5 raffle tickets for great prizes given away on Saturday evening back at the anchorage. Those who partake in the daytime contests will also recieve 2 additional raffle tickets for each event entered, and the winners will recieve another 5 tickets. Daytime contests will tenatively start at 2PM back at Smuggler's anchorage.

This year is going to be unbelievable!

Jsea, I am in a bit of a rush, headed back out for a few days, will be back friday sometime. Can you assist with the specifics and refresh what the contests are, ect....?

Ventura Harbor Launch Ramp
1603 Anchor Way Dr.
Ventura, CA. 93001

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

"to fish or not to fish..now that's a dumb question!"

SWEET MARISSA / David
CRACKODAWN / Don
JSea / John & ?
FlattyMatty / Matt
Loca Loba / David
Sabalo / Craig
GettinUglysSon /Glendon, Dad Gettin'Ugly / Tim, Jim / All-in
yellowtime / Corey & Angela
MyThreeSons / Dave & Crewman Stevie
Joey805 / Joey & Crew (tenative)
Badger / Jim & Vik
SMITTY / SMITTY

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
myself (GettinUglysSon/Glendon), my dad (Gettin' Ugly/Tim) and our friend jim (All-in) will be there. if we have more than us three we'll have two boats, otherwise we'll be there on Jim's boat.

can't wait, it's the first time for all three of us going to those islands. and what better way to do it in my opinion.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal glendon, Looking forward to meeting you and your crew!

Jsea, we also have yellowtime (Corey and Angela) and I believe My 3 sons Dave posted he will be there too..

I will be off the water this week to get everything together.

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
You're going to have to fill in the details.
Haven't fished my boat in almost a month now.
I'm up to my neck!

I just added PROMAR as another sponsor.

Also, we talked about 1st through 4th and 4 payouts.
1st through 3rd?

I need to catch up with you [blink]YESTERDAY![/blink]

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran into Smitty at the sushi bar last night and he said he'll be there as well...

Should I put dorado in as one of the species??? lol

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Actually, scratch Teresa off the list...she wants me to have more fun!

Maybe I'll bring Ace Crewman Stevie.
Perhaps I'll bring the Monster Tube and ski rope.

Hey, let's make sure the first timers know...bring good grub...there will be plenty of bbq's if some boats don't have them. The bbq'ing is legendary.
Not to mention the "situational material!"
The good ship My Three Sons will be packin'.

Dave
My Three Sons

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Will you be packing gout bombs this trip. I have some fresh boar I may bring along again. Speaking of gout where is Stuart?
CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
It all depends (adult diapers) on how my week shakes out Glendon.
It's starting to look like a windy weekend, I sure hope not.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
>It's starting to look like a windy weekend, I sure hope not.

i just checked, and it's starting to look like a VERY windy weekend. unless i'm looking at the wrong report.

WATERS FROM PT. ARGUELLO TO SANTA CRUZ ISLAND CA AND WESTWARD 60 NM
INCLUDING SAN MIGUEL AND SANTA ROSA ISLANDS-
246 AM PDT TUE AUG 8 2006

FRI THROUGH SAT
NW WIND 15 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 35 KT.
COMBINED SEAS 6 TO 8 FT. PATCHY NIGHT THROUGH MORNING FOG.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
that one looks MUCH better:

EAST SANTA BARBARA CHANNEL FROM PT. CONCEPTION TO PT. MUGU INCLUDING
SANTA CRUZ AND ANACAPA ISLANDS-

W WIND 10 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING
HOURS...OTHERWISE WIND LIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5
FT. PATCHY NIGHT THROUGH MORNING FOG.

i'm glad i asked to see if i was looking at the right one.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

1 - 20 of 29 Posts