Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seminar was great with alot of information. Mark sure is a great speaker, and as everyone knows, he really knows his stuff. We saw a great video, and several very impressive slides. The photos really pumped me up for some fishing. I also had a chance to meet several Allcoasters for the first time. I met Bill, WFOWAHOO, good luck to you this weekend. Kurt Mike picked me up from work and gave me a ride. Thanks for the ride guys, it was very nice to meet you both, two nice fellows for sure. Almost forgot, I also met ROB E., lets go fishing soon Rob, what do ya say? Allcoasters are all nice folks, I have yet to meet anyone who wasnt cool. Anyways, I cant wait to catch my first legal C-Bass. Iam really pumped up now!!!!! BIG TENTACLES OUT !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Nice meeting you and many others last night! We're headed out this afternoon to apply our new found knowledge....will report any successes tommorrow. Bill

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It was a great seminar. I twas nice to see my DH buddies and great to meet a few more of you.

Bill-good luck on your trip, but since I can't go

Rob

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
It was great. I've watched Mark speak many times now and he always does a terrific job of imparting his knowledge and inspiring his audience.

It was great to see my buddies Bill, Bill, Rob and John - thanks for saving me a seat guys. I got to meet some other folks which was nice too. A highlight was meeting Ali (AC name Surly Mermaid of the beautiful Fleming "Tyee") and seeing Jennyo. Always great to see the Pacific Edge Lady Anglers.

Today's trip is a short hop over for some business in Avalon with a little fishing mixed in so we'll see if we can get lucky "In the Grey" since we've got to head home very early tomorrow.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I really wish I had felt better so I could have met all you guys there. I am still just feeling lousy and under the weather a bit. I figured it better to miss this and rest up.....than miss the Fred Hall show next week!!
I'm sure Mark put on a great seminar as he always does. I guess I'll have to wait til the WON WSB Derby in Two Harbors for his next seminar.
I still have some boat issues I'm trying to get fixed....and planning my next trip for March 10-11......if everything goes well.

Anyone win a nice door prize??

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks to all....I appreciate the kind words!

For next year I want to have a different layout to the presentation.

Sooooo....what are your thoughts? More video, more pics in what will be a powerpoint presentation,more tackle talk, more Island vs coastal, two nights to cover more aspects in greater detail or ???

Thanks again

MarkW

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Mark, The video was top knotch, Danny did a great job.....and you guys looked like you had a gas on the Rail Time.....tough to be you Huh? :7 I would like to see you do an Offshore seminar sometime, of the Pelagic species, A video would just be a bonus! Really enjoyed this one....too bad it didn't bear fruit the following day x( Thanks again, Bill

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Ali and I had a great time at the seminar. We were joking that here we have a night away from the kids/husbands and we're going to a fishing seminar??!! It was great information as always and I am ready to go seabass/squid fishing. Great to see Rob E. again and finally get to meet Rob W. I was hoping to meet a few of the other guys but ran out of time.

Jenny

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Jenny,

How'd you recognize Rob W. without his chair or with his eyes open?? :) :)

(LOL.. That was the line used by Ali, and we about all fell apart in stitches).... :)

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Actually I recognized him from the picture where he had the White sea bass :p That was a great intro from Ali though. I can't wait to see what happens when Rob gets his revenge.

Jenny

·
Registered
512 Posts
What is there some secret handshake or something for allcoasterâ??s? Everyone says glad to meet so and so for the first time. Whatâ??s up with that? I talked to Danny Jackson and he said the same thing. He wanted to meet some allcoasterâ??s also. He even put it in a post to come by and say hi. Just kidding but I agree it would be nice to meet everyone.

Anyone going to the Letâ??s talk Hookup live shows Saturday and Sunday?

How about at the Allcoast booth at the Fred Hall show they hand out name special tags for Allcoast members that come by and pick them up. How about find you twin and win a years membership. Oh sorry thatâ??s already been done.

Great seminar Mark, Danny and all involved. Mark how about going through a typical day from start to finish with a little more detail. Or how you think someone can learn to budget there time better from your perspective. Not just how to arrive on time at the fishing grounds. Although that may be the biggest mistake you see. What do you think are the biggest mistakes you see or hear about?

Maybe you can get the state to turn the clocks back on Seminar night so we could get a little more time in.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
A suggestion for Mark or WON might be to have some nametags that people wear. It could definitely help on a future seminar.

I think most of the people that met one another, either recognized someone from a post and introduced themselves (like I did a few times), or were introduced via a mutual friend.

I would have liked to have met a few more Allcoasters as well.... :-(

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts