Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone caught any squid lately at Catalina? Planning on going to cat this weekend need current info.

Gracias,
TD

·
Registered
70 Posts
Forecast: COLD and RAINY.

But I was thinking the same thing. If not this weekend, maybe next weekend. I would like to get out there with the plan to fill the freezer with bait for the Spring/Summer months. I have a generator, squid lights, crowder, and all the gear.

Catching squid will give me and my crew something to do now that BUG SEASON is over, and FISH SEASON has not yet begun.

Lets keep in touch during the week, and perhaps meet out there. We can increase our chances of finding the float with a few boats.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I were to go I would leave Sat and fish on Sun. I am out of Dana Pt.if weather is up will postpone till following week also.

TD.
2320 parker

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I was there this past Saturday nite 3/25. We had a full on float at Long Point front side. It was easy, there is still tonage of squirters at the island. BIG TENTACLES OUT !!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks alot BT. I will probably not make it out this weekend, but I am thinking about going next Friday night... hope to make squid, and take a shot at the WSB on Saturday morning. I also hope to be able to fill my freezer with squid for the Spring/Summer.

If you happen to make it out, give me a holler on 72.

By the way, how deep were you when you got the float? How long did it take to make em float? Did you find them on the meter before you turned on the lights, or are they so thick that you can just get em to float wherever you turn the lights on?

Thanks again for your help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts