All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some times good things come in bunches. I am stoked to report that our prize and cash awards for Capture the Flag have jumped. First I got word from Interphase Technologies that they are providing us with a Color TwinScope Forward Scanning Sonar as a grand door prize again this year. It is a great thrill for me to give such a valuable prize to one of our participants. Last year Ray Deeter won one, and he did not catch a single fish in the tournament, but he did recruit three anglers which earned him some bonus door prize tickets. Good karma!

Then I get a call from John Buettner of Stan Miller Yachts informing me that they will be putting up a $2500 cash award to the angler scoring the heaviest multi-species slam which effectively creates a new category of winning in the tournament.

Then I meet with Bobby of Big Fish Bait & Tackle in Seal Beach. Bobby does a lot of work with kids and wants to bring more kids into Capture the Flag. We now have the Big Fish Little Kid Award, a $250 gift certificate for the heaviest fish caught by an angler under 16 and the Big Fish Father Son Award, a $250 gift certificate for the father and son team with the heaviest combined total weight. Thanks Bobby!

Then I meet with Mark Wisch who agrees to conduct a "Catching the Big Ones" seminar on May 25th which will be free to anglers who are signed up for Capture the Flag, a nice $40 dollar bonus to our particpants!

I have been on the water all day and am beat (light boats are working Empire again) but I wanted to get the word out. More details will follow in my weekly E-Mail Alert. If you are not getting these alerts you need to sign up at www.afishinados.com.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
RE: Capture the Flag Boosts Cash & Prizes

SWEET!!! I'm liking my son Bobby's chances for those kid and father/son prizes!!!! And I think it's terrific that Stan Miller Yachts and the Buettner's stepped up and created the multi-species award which should be the grand prize for this 6 species tourney. I'm looking forward to having a chance to win back a small fraction of their profit on my boat LOL!!!! Great job John on continuing to make Capture The Flag an even more exciting event.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
The tourney and prizes keep growing!!!

Fantastic.., I'm looking forward to taking my cut of the swag this year and I guess I'm just going to have to let my daughter put the Bobby's and Robby's of this tourney in their place... :)

Ooooohhhhh...., beaten by a girl...., now that ought to get them riled up... :)

See you guys out there... :)

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
>The tourney and prizes keep growing!!!
>
>Fantastic.., I'm looking forward to taking my cut of the swag
>this year and I guess I'm just going to have to let my
>daughter put the Bobby's and Robby's of this tourney in their
>place... :)
>
>Ooooohhhhh...., beaten by a girl...., now that ought to get
>them riled up... :)

Hey Bill, you bring up a good point, we are going to have to make this the 'Family Award'. I will work out the details with Bobby from Big Fish. In the meantime know that I am also working out a reduced entry fee for family members once an angler joins the tournament. More details to come in my weekely e-mail alert.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Awesome...

It just keeps getting better.... :)

Hey, are you with the new ride in Avalon???

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice,,,,Very Nice,,I have just the spot for that Color sonar,,LOL,,I can replace my Grey Scale one!!!!I wish this thing would Kick off sooner than later!!!!!Cant wait to Fly My Flags!!

Raz-N-Kane
SeaRay 27
Channel 69& Scan

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
May 25th? The thursday before Memorial Day weekend? We'll already be over at the island.....getting a head start! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts