Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is getting to be crunch time. If you are planning to fish Capture the Flag sign up now to ensure that you get your free entry to Mark Wisch's Targeting Trophies seminar on Thursday, May 25th at the Cabrillo Marina Plaza. I have heard from a good number of you who are planning to fish it but I have not seen the entries yet...sign 'em up! www.afishinados.com

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
John, Just signed up....don't worry, I'm not a threat on inshore fish! :7 Like any other tourney, expect 60% of the sign-ups in the last few days.....everyone always waits till the last second to do it! We have been told in our tourney next weekend in Cabo from many people that they will sign up at the Captains meeting. Tough to budget and gauge but part of the game.....especially for people that verbally commit then flake! Good luck, and let me know if there is any help you need, as well as anything I can bring over to you Memorial Day weekend. Bill

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like any other tourney, expect 60% of the
>sign-ups in the last few days.....everyone always waits till
>the last second to do it! Bill

I know you are right but it does make it tough getting sponsors to pony up. Their first question is always "How many have signed up so far?" I have an early sign up bonus and we have a "recruit a friend" bonus door prize ticket. These things are golden!

Just tell your buddies to get in the game. It is all about the fun, and there is nothing more fun than giving out money and prizes to guys for catching fish! Sign 'em up...www.afishinados.com.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
So, you have the sponsors, prize money and raffle prizes all in place...and more sign-ups i.e. competition just reduces my chances to win the $1,000 big fish prizes for each species and the $2,500 overall weight Royal Slam prize and the cool raffle schwag?? Plus the incredible food offering at the awards dinner can be shared with fewer people?

Hey guys, this tourney blows. You'd be crazy to sign up. John's full of it when he talks about how great it is. I was lying when I spoke about how fun it was. Leave it alone.

Ideally, all I'd have to do was beat Morris. Not too difficult since he ain't going to catch many calico's or flatties or croakers when he's out dragging the gear around during carp season (the only thing he cares about). Too bad Sternhog is signing up...maybe I'll talk him out of it.

:).

·
Registered
418 Posts
"Hey guys, this tourney blows. You'd be crazy to sign up. John's full of it when he talks about how great it is. I was lying when I spoke about how fun it was. Leave it alone."

UUUH,,,Yea,,,UUUUH,,,,What Rob Said,,,Wink Wink,,,Yea thats the ticket,
Ohhh Did I tell you I have a 2500sq ft house in Hunington harbor for sale for 125,000.00 With a Slip for a 50 footer and a helo pad,& a fuel dock,and a Blond house keeper named Heather All part of the deal!!!

Raz-N-Kane
SeaRay 27
Channel 69& Scan

·
Banned
6,015 Posts
Hey John I do not know if you got my private message or if you are to busy fishing or?

Life's journey is not about what you acquire but who you become.

PO Box 2056
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
310-562-6205
www.sharktagger.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>Hey John I do not know if you got my private message or if
>you are to busy fishing or?
>
Hey Keith, I think I got your message altho I am moving so fast right now that I am not even sure what day it is. Rob W forced me into an all-nighter followed by a weekend full of charters. Good people, but poor fishing over the last few days...makes me think that it can only get better soon especially with the tremendous amount of fin bait stacking up around the island.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I suggest that everyone should send flowers to John in sympathy for having been forced by me to fish an overnight on my boat...almost more than one individual should have to bear. LOL!!! :). Stop yer cryin' JK - you're livin' the dream, remember? :). By the way, my back still hurts from playing pack mule for 25 boxes of your schwag but I think the new Afishinados/Fish Catalina retail store in Avalon will be really nice. Hmmm...you fish all night on my boat (cuz I forced you) and then I schlep for 2 hours the next day to unload about 1000 lbs of stuff in Avalon (cuz I volunteered?). It's a good thing I don't make those kinds of trades for my living!! I do like my T-Shirt though!!

See ya

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If whining were a form of currency you would be a rich man indeed! That t-shirt is worth the price of admission. You are the first on the block to have our new long sleeve Capture Elvis design. Wear it proudly!

·
Registered
472 Posts
RE: Capture the Flag in 8 Days

Does anyone know the address of the Cabrillo Plaza where the "Kick Off" seminar will be? What time is it starting?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RE: Capture the Flag in 2 Days

>Does anyone know the address of the Cabrillo Plaza where the
>"Kick Off" seminar will be? What time is it starting?

Thanks for asking Scott, I have been in Cabo for the last 8 days so I have been out of touch. the kickoff meeting for Capture the Flag is Thursday, May 25th at the Cabrillo Marina Plaza Building in San Pedro. Just take the Habor Fwy South til it ends on Gaffey then continue South to 22nd St. Make a left and go thru a couple lights and stop signs then turn right at Via Cabrillo Marina Drive. Follow that south into the harbor until you see the flags and fountain in front of the plaza. Park on either side of the building. We will open the keg at 6:30 and have some of Slavko's chicken fingers for snacks in case you don't have time for dinner. No starving fisherfolk!

I will go over the tournament details and will had the mic over to Mark Wisch for a seminar on Targeting Trophies.

It would really help us to get a good count of those planning to attend. The seminar is $40 at the door or free if you are a Capture the Flag participant. Roll call please!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts