All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to John today and I`m In there!!! Its going to be a blast!! Have been off the water for to long Its Time To Make it count!!
!!HHOOOOOKK---UUPP!!!!
Good Luck to all that have entered!!!

Raz-N-Kane
SeaRay 27
Channel 69& Scan

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
is there a webpage for this competition? i've heard about it but don't know anything about it and want to find out more.

thanks.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
http://www.fishcatalina.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AE&Product_Code=CTFTE&Category_Code=CTFT

·
Registered
217 Posts
>is there a webpage for this competition? i've heard about it
>but don't know anything about it and want to find out more.

Thanks for asking Glendon, and thanks for signing up early Don, Bill, Rob, Bobby, Paul, Todd, CG, Ron, Ronnie, Jeff, Scott, Jeff and Greg. Early sign-ups make it much easier for me to convince the sponsors to load us up with great door prizes.

Please note that we have extended the dates to include 4th of July to give all more time on the water.

Here is the info link www.afishinados.com/tournaments.html

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I watched from the sidelines last year,Now its time to get into the game! Cant wait for the shot gun start!!!!,,,,I`m Comming to get ya AlohaRob,, ROTFLOL!!!I am the underdog for this one!Thats for sure!! I will be going for it!!!And trying to keep up with the Big Boys!! I will probbly get waked.What the Hell, it`s only Fishing,,,,,Right,,,,,,?????

Raz-N-Kane
SeaRay 27
Channel 69& Scan

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Don - great job getting into this event. It's a blast and, with the news that it will last through 4th of July, it's going to be even more fun. It's a great motivator to get out and fish as aggressively as possible for the entire event. I signed up my 10 year old son Bobby this year too.

The awards banquet last year was perhaps the most fun post-tourney even I've ever been to. Everybody was in a great mood since I think absolutely every person there left with a raffle prize which ranged from sweet gift certificates, to jigs, to rods, to pieces of art to a forward scanning sonar. Great food and it was a collection of very fun people and lots of good fisherman too.

C'mon guys...knock off my Royal Slam crown...shouldn't be too hard!! As I've said, I will gladly watch my chances of repeating diminish (to almost nothing) to see this event gather up some of our best local fisherman as entrants.

I just wish that I'd have caught that 39 lb WSB in June!!

John and his whole family work hard to make this event a success and it shows throughout.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
RE: "Capture the Flag" Roll call?????

Last years tourney was a blast....

Play n' Hookey will be playing again this year...

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
217 Posts

Thanks for your support Bill, I got notcie of your entry today. Your flags, t-shirt, dinner ticket and $50 dollar discount coupon from Reel Graphics will be in the mail to you soon.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

Already used my $50 gift certificate with Keith on one job and will be using Bobby's on another one. So, I've already recovered 1/6 of my entry...with a little luck on the raffle I'll come out even before I catch any winners!!!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
That's great Jeff!! Great to have you. The flags are cool, aren't they? I always fly mine going into Avalon after a day of fishing. I will have to see if I can get a rules modification to keep you and Sternhog from fishing together since you guys usually nail the fish! LOL!!

Or maybe you will pull a muscle on those Florida swordies and it'll put you out of commission LOL!!

See ya,

Rob.

·
Registered
654 Posts
>That's great Jeff!! Great to have you. The flags are cool,
>aren't they? I always fly mine going into Avalon after a day
>of fishing. I will have to see if I can get a rules
>modification to keep you and Sternhog from fishing together
>since you guys usually nail the fish! LOL!!
>
>Or maybe you will pull a muscle on those Florida swordies and
>it'll put you out of commission LOL!!
>
>See ya,
>
>Rob.

Hey Rob,
I do plan on entering....however with all the recent boat work I'm completely broke right now. I have to save up my allowance for a few weeks and I'll get John a check soon.......I'm coming after you Rob!!
Maybe you...Jeff...and myself need to make a trip together?? Could be deadly!! :) Your boat and/or mine??

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

Mike...save that allowance up and get it done. If there was a "calcutta" for this tourney (where the participants could side-bet on their competitors like in golf tourneys), then my money would be on you. $1k prize for big fish in each category.

Definitely need to get a trip in with you on my boat during the tourney!!

·
Registered
8,345 Posts

Hey now....

No fair stacking the decks there Mr. Webster.....,

Besides..., he's booked up on my boat... :) :)

Now, if Mr. Morris would do something about the fuel prices..., we might all be able to get more than one trip or two in this season....

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

Holy crap Larkin...

It's pretty rare that I start laughing so hard at the computer that my wife in the next room asks me what the hell is going on...but this did it.

That is a friggin' riot!!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Morris is trumped again..

>
>

>

I bet Morris won't be posing like that again any time in the near future. When he concocts a payback, it won't be nice......but it will be funny!!!

Rob

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Would love to do the "Capture the Flag" tourny but with the price of gas and my work scheduel I just dont think I could get enough on the water days to give us a shot. Sounds like a blast though and I hope you get a good tournout for it.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I understand Behdad...too bad though cuz you could do well.

Rob - I can only hope that he responds with a tactical strike that surgically targets his attacker versus a blanket launch of all of his weapons where he could hit the rest of us. I'm in no position to fight with Morris right now as you know LOL!!! :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
>Would love to do the "Capture the Flag" tourny but with the
>price of gas and my work scheduel I just dont think I could
>get enough on the water days to give us a shot. Sounds like a
>blast though and I hope you get a good tournout for it.

I am sure a lot of guys feel that they cannot get enough "on the water days" to be competitive. We had 4 or 5 guys who joined last year and never got on the water. A number of guys could only fish a weekend or two. Todd Gleason won $1000 for a Barracuda he caught while making bait. Ray Deeter won a $2300 sonar and he did not catch a fish during the tournament. The average value of the cash and prizes per entrant was $540 dollars even tho the entry was only $295. Some guys won more, some less, but everybody who put up their entry accomplished a couple things:

1. They won some pretty great prizes
2. They met new guys and expanded their network
3. They supported a new tournament concept

The entry buys a set of six Capture Flags ($85), a tri-tip and beer dinner ($25) tournament t-shirt ($15), a door prize ticket ($$$) and a $50 gift certificate from Reel Graphics. I moved the dates up so that we now have 40 days with 7 weekends, two of which are three day holiday weekends.

I hope you can join us.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts