Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Father's Day to me! We left for the island Sunday morning with a tank of squid and fished the West end for nothing. We ended up at the squid grounds at 8 pm. Awoke at 4 am to MANY boats around us, one Sport Boat was within spitting distance! The water temp was 64-66 and clean. We were set up in about 13 fathoms. I was on my first fish at 6:30 and he headed for the Sport Boat. I could hear the guys on that boat screaming that they were all on...hilarious! We yelled at them to put their reels in free spool so I could get the fish in. So they all clicked open their SPINNING REELS and I got the fish back to the boat with more hardware than a punk rocker! (see pic). That WSB was 38# . My buddy hooked up to the right kind (about 1 hr later) in between the BSB research he was doing (LOL). BTW the BSB are thriving!! We waited it out and watched as another boat pulled on two Yellows. I pulled one in at about 10:30 with 1/4 ounce slider. This is my PB at 33#. Shaun hooked his YT about half hour later...these fish pulled hard! We called it a day at noon and had a great ride home!

This post edited by Baddy 06/17/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Nice fish for sure. :tu: You're correct about the BSB. We battled one last week for over 45 minutes before the hook pulled. They're fun to pull on for a while, but they take up too much time and I would rather pull on a yellow.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Nice job guys. You put the wood to those fish. We where right above you on "UnReel" and watched you hook fish after fish while we sat around trying to stay awake LOL!!!. Saw the action between you and the sportboat too, classic!!! Those tails pull like the old Rocky Point homegaurd tails!!!! Shoot that first tail I hooked worked me on 30#. Thought that was going to be our only shot at one but you guys kept hook'en up so I stayed a bit longer and it paid off. Had a few boats drop anchor way to close to us as well. Guess those guys just dont realize the grade of fish your trying to catch and how much room you need to do it even on 30#. Anyway, congrats again on the two c-bass and tails, you earned them.

This post edited by Betafish2 06/17/2008

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WTG on sticking it out and making it pay. You could always just go to the tackle shop instead of taking a collection for some hooks and sinkers! :p The fish gods were with you on that fish!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Congrats on yet another successful trip :tu: Funny story there about getting wrapped up with the sport boat guys. I'm looking forward to fishing with your wife next month! We're going to have a great trip!

Jenny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.