Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I went to catalina on the 22 whaler Sat morning, good thing I called LBC for squid cause they did not make much friday night, the recording said to get it before you go, so I did, the bumpers on the receiver make it much nicer than before. Rounded the east end and anchored in the fleet at the squid grounds. Moved around and came back. The yellows marched through at 3ish, huge school of bait was jumping all over, could not get bent. light line, heavy, fly rod, sinker, threw the metal. A guy on a parker fly lined squid with a friend and sat down blah blah blah, ok hook up, Wow they nailed 3 of them while we all watched. I tried everything for 0. (Very few others got one-zies, but that was all). Moved around, came back, the calicos are on the chew, but no WSB or yellows for us. Spent the night in closer at 45 feet, I heard the stories of the squid boat recently and decided to get a good nights sleep well clear of any possible problems. Wide open on the calico night bite. Called it beddy bye at 9:30 ish. Funniest thing, right at dusk I watched 6 seals bee line it to the LBC, they certainly know how to eat. I heard the LBC light the seal bombs for a while, as they echo through the island at night. Woke up Sunday AM to a nothing bite on nothing, moved around, came back and the fleet was on their way elsewhere. Wide open on the calicos up the line; Then called it a day around 12ish, I will be taking the family to the isthmus this weekend for another look so maybe I will try west.

This post edited by Wolfpack 06/10/2008

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the report. I am still waiting for our first yellow this season. Good luck with the family on the west end. It might be a good idea to avoid the crowds on the grounds this weekend since it is supposed to be a nice one.

This post edited by Baddy 06/10/2008

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't feel bad, I'm 4for0 on YT and WSB with just a few of the lil stuff. I'm gonna use 15# and get bit more and maybe get lucky. A day fishing with friends on a nice day still can't be beat!!!! My friends think my Bud Light is the jinx. I'm bringing Fosters on the next trip and hope they don't push me off. I'll hide some Heineken under the Fosters so i make it back.

This post edited by boeing461 06/10/2008

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.