Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I headed out for some local fishing. This is our 3rd time with our new boat. The first two trips resulted in a plain old zero, put it this way we didn't get a bite. 3rd time being a somewhat CHARM my brother landed this huge calico. I would guess it weighed anywhere from 12-18 pounds and had to be anywhere from 15 to 20 years old. We took some pictures and released this baby to aid in the breeding for future fishing. At first I wanted to keep him but upon thinking and hundreds of readings on this board we took some photo's and off he was. That was our only fish of the day.Releasing it was awesome,we have talked about that fish over 50 times HAVEING PEOPLE AMAZED that we let it go....call me crazy but the fish god will reward us a million times over. Heres some pictures.

This post edited by FRANK12345 06/15/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Frank,

Nice job on the release, you caught yourself a baby black seabass and not a calico bass!

That would have been a pretty hefty fine if DFG had shown up at the landing, so yes, the GODS will be very happy that it was released.

Congratulations, that's a pretty special catch on your new boat.

The calico Gods will soon render some fish for you.

Scott
17' Boston Whaler

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Twelve to eighteen pound calico? Not bloody likely! Don't sweat it, you're not the only fisherman to hook a BSB and assume it was a large calico. Thankfully you released to live another day.

Thanks for the report!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.