All Coast banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas to all my fellow fishermen. I hope things are going well for everyone during the holiday season. After attending church services and the kids have finished opening their gifts from Santa, my boys and I have decided we are going to head over to CI around 2pm, spend the night and come home sometime on Monday. Another thought might be to load up on squid and then make the run over to San Clemente. All the reports indicate and overabundance of bait at CI and the fish have filled their bellies and are reluctant to bite. Does anyone have an alternative that might be worth trying? Your input is greatly appreciated. Happy holidays to all!

Jeff
The Dalton Boys

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Where ever you go...have a great time...i would love to spend the holiday on the water fishing with my kids....but the wife sees it differently...

:)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife and I also have a 10 month old daughter that keeps my wife occupied (in a good way)when my 2 sons and I decide to take our fishing excursions. Trust me though, there's always a price, however small, when we come home. Anyway Mike, it seems as though you take great pride, as do I, in the fact that you have been afforded the ability to include your family in your love of fishing and boating. As you know, we've only had our boat for 7 months and my boys have already fished more days than most kids will fish in a life time. Mike you seem like a good man and I hope to see you and your son(s) out on the water sometime. If you see a Parker with a red bimini, please don't hesitate to come up and say hello, I would feel honored.

Jeff
Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Sounds like a great time. I hope you whack em. Be sure and check the weather and offshore reports prior to going out, especially at SCI as it can get chilly this time of the year at night. Good luck!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Rockfish season is shutting down at the end of the year.
See if you can find something off the e.end.
This would probable be your best bet, squid or dines for bait.

I have 3 boys under 6. Just got back from a spontaneous trip to Corona Lakes. First time there. 2 rainbows in 3 hours fishing. a cazillion tangle and snags as the boys are constantly casting their snoopy set-ups!!!!

merry xmas and have fun!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately the weather kept us from going. Not to mention, my youngest got sick. We're going to try again this weekend, before the boys go back to school. I read someone's post regarding their trip and evidently it was so cold at the island they ended up pulling the anchor and heading home. That wasn't you was it? Anyway, thanks for your interest and I'll keep you posted on our next venture. Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know what its like trying to teach the young ones to fish. I started my boys off fishing for trout in the Kern River. We would wade into the river and cast upstream and let the bait drift down. In order to help them identify a strike, I tied on a bobber. My oldest boy did his best to snag a girl fishing downstream. The bobber literally drifted through her legs. At the time, it wasn't as funny, but looking back you have to laugh. Needless to say, we didn't do a lot of catching that day, but the boys had a blast. Patience is an absolute must when it comes to teaching kids to fish.

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
>>>"Unfortunately the weather kept us from going. Not to mention, my youngest got sick. We're going to try again this weekend, before the boys go back to school. I read someone's post regarding their trip and evidently it was so cold at the island they ended up pulling the anchor and heading home. That wasn't you was it? Anyway, thanks for your interest and I'll keep you posted on our next venture. Happy Holidays!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts