Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[font size=4 color=red]
CIA Meet & Eat for May
[font size=4 color=green]
Thursday May 18, 2006
No-Host Bar opens 6:30pm, meeting 7:30 [font color=blue]

We will meet at the Channel Islands Yacht Club, on the west side of the harbor; it is just down the road from the Whales Tail & Port Royal. The address is 4100 Harbor Blvd., Oxnard, CA 93035. Phone (805) 985-6687

We will provide a buffet but I need to ask for $8.00 to defray the cost of the food. [font color=red]If you show a current RFA membership, sign up for one, or are a CIYC member the dinner will be $7.00[/font]

We will have Chicken Parmesan, green salad, garlic bread and a great dessert.

The YC is providing a bartender for a no-host bar. I have invited the CIYC Anglers Club members as well.
[font color=green]
Randy Jannush of Candy Catchers and our own Flatty Matty will be the guest speakers and will talk about finding and catching squid for bait ! [/font]

Bring your fishing info, pictures or videos to share. If you have items related to fishing to sell or swap bring them along.

We will have a RFA drawing with some neat fishing related stuff.

If you think you might attend please respond here or to my E-Mail, [email protected] so I know how much food to make.

Frank Sullivan, Director CIYC

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is going to be a great Meet & Eat!

I will bring samples of all out jigs, Lots of Give-A-Ways and someone is going home with our new 10 Hook Commercial Snagger! Yes- 10Hooks!

I will explain our jigs in detail then FlattyMatty will explain locating and getting that squid into your bait tank!

If anybody has any digital pics of squid on your meter, send them to me @ [email protected] - I need to assemble some handouts..

To all the SB and North Crew.....If you attend the meeting, I'll give you each a CandyCatchers T-Shirt - and theyre Sweet! Try to make it!

Fishing in the 805 is really heating up at the islands...The outer island bite and now Anacapa & Santa Cruz heating up.....

Squid is Still Around and needs to be snagged as of late....Havent heard of any floats lately.....

Make sure you have your snaggers!

Thanks

Randy

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I have to check and see what pictures I have.
Over the years . . . I should have some good meter shots, just have to locate them.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts