Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CIA Meet & Eat for June, Thuesday 6-19-08!!

CIA Meeting for June Thursday June 19th 2008 No-Host Bar opens 6pm, Dinner 6:30 Speaker from NOAA to follow We will meet at the Channel Islands Yacht Club, on the west side of the harbor; it is just down the road from the Whales Tail & Port Royal. The address is 4100 Harbor Blvd., Oxnard, CA 93035. Phone (805) 985-6687 We will provide a buffet but I need to ask for $10.00 to defray the cost of the food. Home made Pizza by Roxy Ostreme, salad, and dessert! The YC is providing a bartender for a no-host bar. I have invited the CIYC Anglers Club members as well. The speaker this month will be:CONFIRMED Marty Golden Marty Golden is a marine biologist with NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service in Long Beach, California. Presently he serves as the Pacific Coast Recreational Fisheries Coordinator and is responsible for Agency recreational fisheries issues from San Diego to Washington-Canadian border. Marty has worked with marine resource and fisheries issues in the Gulf of Mexico, and Atlantic and Pacific Oceans for over 36 years, served as an Officer in the US Navy and is a NOAA Scientific Diver and underwater photographer. He is involved in issues that include rigs-to-reefs, fisheries management related to recreational fishing, research on marine recreational fisheries issues, and angler education and outreach programs. Marty?s presentation entitled: Saltwater Fisheries of California Topics will include: Artificial reefs Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP) Marine mammal interactions Marine protected areas Ethical angling (slot-limits etc.) Salmon & Rockfish Anything related to the marine environment of interest Bring your fishing info, pictures or videos to share. If you have items related to fishing to sell or swap bring them along. We will have a RFA drawing with some neat fishing related stuff. If you think you might attend please respond to my E-Mail, [email protected] so I know how much food to make. Frank Sullivan, Commodore, CIYC __________________

This post edited by oden1viking 06/13/2008

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Not to be missed . . .

As usual, Frank, your efforts as a host for these meetings are extremely appreciated by everyone who has ever attended--and of course that means me! For folks who are not familiar with Marty, if we (recreational anglers and the businesses that rely upon us) ever had a friend in government, that would be Marty. Of all the folks who have been guest speakers at CIA/CIYC Angler's meetings, Marty is the one who can help empower us the most. Information is power, and Marty is the master of information! He's also a very engaging speaker. So, I'm urging everyone who has ever attended one of these meetings: Don't miss this one. You won't regret it, unless you fail to come. -Joel RFA SoCal

This post edited by linglover 06/17/2008

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
well worth the drive

Hey guys I know I'm late on this one, but if you can you really should take advantage of these meetings. Its great networking, there are always engaging speakers, you get a good meal and its an all around fun setting.

I'm always a little disappointed when I can't make it. For me its a bit of a drive but its always well worth it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.