Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

Cleveland or Windsor?

961 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bubba 
#1 ·
This probably doesn't belong here and may be a stupid question. I inherited a 1971 Mach I and only had a few minutes to look at it in the dark. Is there a fast, easy way to tell if the 351 is a Cleveland or a Windsor? Carbs, Manifolds? I had one when I was a kid but just don't remember.8* I'm hoping it's the Cleveland. Thanks. :tu:

This post edited by Bubba 05/13/2008

#2 ·
Bubba said:
This probably doesn't belong here but quick question. I inherited a 1971 Mach I and only had a few minutes to look at it in the dark. Is there a fast, easy way to tell if the 351 is a Cleveland or a Windsor? Carbs, Manifolds? I had one when I was a kid but just don't remember.8* Thanks. :tu:

Sweet...hand it over to me, lol.

Winny has 5 bolts on the valve covers and the cleveland has 8 and shaped differently.
Winny also has a cooling hose to the intake manifold.

#3 ·
andrew3 said:
Bubba said:
This probably doesn't belong here but quick question. I inherited a 1971 Mach I and only had a few minutes to look at it in the dark. Is there a fast, easy way to tell if the 351 is a Cleveland or a Windsor? Carbs, Manifolds? I had one when I was a kid but just don't remember.8* Thanks. :tu:

Winny has 5 bolts on the valve covers and the cleveland has 8 and shaped differently.

Hey, here it is in writing.

http://www.vintage-mustang.com/topics/faq/351windsorcleveland.html

#4 ·

[/quote]

Thanks for that Andrew, I knew there was something real quick to tell the difference. I'm really lookin forward to getting my grubby little mitts on this thing. :p There's only 70,000 original miles on it, no body rot but the mice got to the interior, hoping the wiring is still intact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.