Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted a query regarding the SHimano TTS 50W line capacity for 50lb - One angler noted from the booklet he got with his reel that it stated it could take 900yds. I just received my SHimano 50W and the box it came in states it is a 50w and it takes 700yds of 50lb. I am confused - On the plate it says TT50W (is this a different model from the TTS50W?) The box also states Weight 67oz, Spool Dia 3.8in, Spool width 3.2in. If anyone can shed some light, I would be grateful, as I thought there was only one model of 50W single speed Triton trolling reel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe this will clear up the confusion:

I have several Shimano Triton Trolling Series (TTS) 50W reels. I also have Tiagra 50W reels. The TTS 50W has identical spool dimensions as the Tiagra 50W. Therefore, the TTS has the exact same line capacity as the Tiagra. (Back then, 50 lbs line had a larger diameter. That is what is causing your confusion.)

My TTS reels are over twenty years old. I have caught countless tuna, sharks and swordfish on them and they still perform flawlessly today. They are almost indestructible and will last a lifetime. Take good care of your reel and you will leave it to your grandchildren to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts