Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, really. As in COLD! This would be the weekend to be near a fire and watch it rain--or snow if you're lucky enough to have a mountain place. Expect to put on your chains at 3,000 feet or so. Brrrrrrrr! Major west winds too--to 50 mph in the mountains.

Friday: Mostly cloudy with showers likely. Highs in the mid 40s to mid 50s. West winds around 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Friday night: Mostly cloudy with rain likely. A light dusting of snow possible in the higher foothills. Lows in the mid 30s to mid 40s. West winds 15 to 20 mph in the evening. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Saturday: Rain showers likely. A light dusting of snow possible in the higher foothills. Highs in the mid 40s to lower 50s. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Saturday night: Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain showers. A light dusting of snow possible in the higher foothills. Lows in the 30s to lower 40s.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the upper 40s and 50s.

Be safe everyone. Even you Boswell.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Yea, I saw that...... and checking the weather it looks to be crappy on the water starting manana....

Cripes...., just when the hall pass comes through.... :-(

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible waterspouts, thunderstorms, hail and snow down to 1500'. WAY COOL!

Just have to keep playing with jigs.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Yup, I'll be staying close to home, working on my wifes walk in closet.....then painting one of the guest rooms and putting in crown molding, and new baseboards. Hoping this will buy me some much needed porch passes!!!

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>Hey Bill...if you need any help making those mitre
>cuts...call somebody else cuz I SUCK!!! :) :) :)

I can't believe it! Cut that damn thing three times and it's still too short :).

Funny thing: I was just cleaning the garage and found the jig I made to set up the (very difficult) compound miter to make fireplace mantles. Good Lord those made you pucker when you cut them.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
lol - I make my own moulding with a shaper but perfect miters still elude me even with a Stanley miter clamp. The mistakes make great firewood kindling.... or dollhouse trim.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
> The mistakes
>make great firewood kindling....

We had a nice fire in the fireplace years ago using just "mistake" wood--mostly four-quarter oak and walnut as that's about all I ever made furniture from. Every piece had a DOH! story to tell, and it pained me to throw each one in.

Back to the weather. The Weather Channel is calling for mixed rain and snow in Diamond Bar/Walnut tonight. We're pretty much on top of the hill, so if it's gonna happen, it should happen here. WAY COOL!

The youngest wants to put up the tent in the back yard and sleep out in it. Might be fun. We camp a lot and are used to cold nights.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
>Kurt - pls post pix of snow in your yard if it happens.
>That'd be cool!

Love to. Afraid I've already jinxed it by talking about it though. You know, the more you want something to happen, the less likely it will come to fruition.

Watching it snow has got to be one of my favorite things in life to do. Something about itâ?¦ So peacefulâ?¦ A memory Iâ??ll take to the grave is the wife and I walking the length of Grindelwald, Switzerland after dinner one February night. No cars on the road, no wind--just a gentle snow falling. Glad it happened before my tinnitus went nuts as I'll never experience silence again.

Now that I think about it, we put new tires on the SUV this year. Better do a dry run with the chains to see if theyâ??ll fit the new tires before we buzz off to the mountains so dad can get his snow fix.

BTW: Anybody have a place in the mountains? I'll trade slave labor (carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, cement, whatever) for use of the place here and there. Done this twice over the years and both of us thought we were getting the better deal. Then they sold the places :(.

Kurt

PS Here it comes

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Hey, Sissy

I'll meet you at the ramp at 5:30, you big wuss. Them calicos will be on fire for me.

Stay warm and take pix if you do get dusted.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
RE: Hey, Sissy

I was out last night... and yep it was cold....

Windy too.....

I never did find the squid though, but that was a side venture as the main goal was to exercise the boat and play with the radar, instruments in some bumpy weather and grab some data through the RPM range for some numbers I'm crunching....

I saw a few boats launching, but no one else on the water, except water taxis and the CC.

Note, for those launching out of Davies landing, be aware, there's a CC launch that has taken up residence about 200 yards past the launch ramp. I've seen them there now three times over the last few weeks (almost every time I head out). Evidently, they are finding it good pickings as they are doing boat checks and doing them regularly.

Last night they tagged a Duffy right after I went by.

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts