All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan is to go 17,18,19,20 or something like that. fri to mon what ever works best.I'm going to launch out of oside to save parking and its closer. mabey stop at sci for some fishing.Fishing and weather will determine if I stay there the whole time, the bugs should be huge there but you never know till you drop a net.having a couple of boats makes it safer and more fun.my cel # is (909)228-1483 tuna bugs and yellow tail can't wait

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Going to file a multi-day?
Staying on the anchor each night at the CORTEZ or coming back to CLEMENTE?

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You're heading to right spot. Take the heavy gear - 6 years ago this date found the bigeye there. Wish I could go. Looking forward to your report.

Fish the Tides - Freddie

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know me john. I need to feed about 20 people for thanksgiving, so if me and my boy go all three days, we can bring back 62, but with bait all those 8 and 10 pounders won't fit in my tank LOL.I hope the weather is nice so we can stay and hoop overnite I would love to spend a couple of days checking out the bank

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Coincidentally, we are planning a similar trip (but would probably leave Friday afternoon and leave early Sunday morning). If we go, we would be happy to host a Friday night cocktail party on Alamos. We would also be happy to provide fresh water and ice. We are novice hoopers and would appreciate any help (and may have a berth for a hooping expert).

-Rick

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like I will be leaving sat morng as soon as I can get bait. so we will be up there sat around two, find us some fish and I will find you some lobsters.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey Rodger,

I swear, on the 27th, I saw a nice rusty orange color over the tanner and cortez bank area....... I was using Tempbreaks..the 70 degree temps were more on the tanner bank, and just the edge was on the cortez bank...
Check the data from 10/27 2:16 pm sst
68-70
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=wl&lat=33_00&lon=118_00#Newport_B

·
Registered
320 Posts
Daytime SST pictures always read 1-2 degrees warmer than actual water temperatures. Nighttime images give a truer temperature reading.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Check for SCI closures before you go~

I took the good skiff out there a few weeks ago and i was intercepted by a Navy utility boat off the west end of SCI and i was told to divert 15 miles to the west. If you are coming from SD, i doubt that you will have a problem, but if you plan to go around the west end, check the site before you leave.

(Luckily, the extra fuel consumption didn't knock me off my trip. i spent a great night on the bank, then went to SNI the next afternoon. That night it rained very hard and it rained most of the way home...:(

Brad

(loves the sea)

·
Registered
476 Posts
The good skiff is a 19ft wooden flatbottom with a 115 tiller engine. i designed and built it back in '91. That was my 31st trip and 29th night on that incredible bank.

That trip i used 57 gallons and logged 241nm.

·
Registered
264 Posts
>The good skiff is a 19ft wooden flatbottom with a 115 tiller
>engine. i designed and built it back in '91. That was my 31st
>trip and 29th night on that incredible bank.
>
>That trip i used 57 gallons and logged 241nm.

I want to read a lot more details on that / those trips.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts