Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

Dana: 5/31 Local

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ChannelIslands 
#1 ·
Been awhile! My grandson Gregory wanted to go fishing today. We got down to the Harbor around 8:00. VHF was not working. Been laying idle for awhile and a wire was corroded. Had to fix it. Would not go out without it :Baited up with a nice 1/2 scoop of Chovy and Dines mixed. Out the Harbor by 9:00. Headed South for very slow fishing. Gregory picked up a Leopard Shark, Sand Shark, Barracuda, and other junk fish. Water temp was 65 and overall a nice day! Quite a few T-Shark fisherman out there. They seemed to be doing well. Not much chatter on the Cuda bite. Worked our way back home. Made a few more drifts. Finally got a decent taker. Had a heck of a job pulling it out of the weeds. I asked Gregory to take a photo with the fish. He responded he don't take pictures with other people's fish :I wonder where he got that from @( We pulled the plug around 1:15. Cleaned the boat, got Ice Cream, same old drill. Overall slow fishing on the beach. But, I another great day on the water with my grandson :tu: Fish measured 34" and weighed 17#'s.

This post edited by JerseyBro 06/01/2008

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.