Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about going down to DP Mon or Tue, or both. Anyone have any good info on the situation? Wind looks to be up Monday, so it is still a maybe. Anyone else going to be out? Also, I posed this question before. How do you see/recognize current out there?

Eddie

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
A grunion run was in force the 13th thru the 16th, so, if weather permits, you might want to hit some of the shallow halibut spots just south...

·
Registered
652 Posts
>Thinking about going down to DP Mon or Tue, or both. Anyone
>have any good info on the situation? Wind looks to be up
>Monday, so it is still a maybe. Anyone else going to be out?
>Also, I posed this question before. How do you see/recognize
>current out there?
>
>Eddie

Hope you had a good day out there... I was looking out my window seeing white caps all day. Around lunch time I finally saw (1) boat go by... Waters calm now , no white caps in sight. Maybe tomorrow will be better wind wise.

I expect that your "current" question is because we have so few kelp plants in the area. I've yet to determine current without dropping a line and watching which way my boat floats from the drop zone. If you had a 10kt uphill current and a 10 kt down coast wind you would still see your line move as opposed to your boat theoretically staying in one place... But hey, I'm new to all this so what do I know?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We got out at 0700, after an hour of bs'ing wit hJoe at the bait barge. It was kinda nasty in AM as you noticed, but it was alright in the afternoon, hey whay did the boat look like? We were the only PB'er south of Dana. Black/white wellcraft cuddy...Anyways, we got one 7.5 sand bass out of clemente pier, missed lots of fish. fished all the usual spots. Thanks for the current info, thats how I do it, thought maybe there was more to it.

Eddie

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wow, 7.5 Lbs? That's huge! Today looks like it may be the day to get out there...weather wise as the weekend does not look as good. I'm seeing no white caps and the weather forcast is for 75 and a lessening of the wind down to 5kts around noon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts