All Coast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been out recently say in the last few days know if there are still macks near the harbor? If so where? My Bro is on his way down there and we need to make bait before dark...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Eddie,
Seems there are Macs year round by the barber poles 2 miles out of the harbor. I guess the little buggars like the crap from the sewage outpipes. I usually put some cat food in the water and lower a sabiki. not that you need any advise but I usually hook one, then leave it fighting and all their friends come to see whats so exciting and then I have a full set of macs with each pull.

I've altered my rig to crimp over the barbs and only have 3 hooks as the stock models seem to have me wasting too much time untangling the fish. Have not tried the new set-up yet but looking forward to it soon.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Sorry Eddie I could not make it out of the harbor this morning. I put the boat in the water and low a behold the engine would not move left and right but the wheel would. After calling my mechanic and I discovered that it was low on hydrolic fluid. Took the boat back to staorge and bought some fluid. Approx 5 capfulls later it was full again and my steering started to function. Man was I bummed. I am trying to get a crew toghter for this evening to hoop Catalina for a few hours and be back at port by 1000pm. Catch you next time.

·
Registered
652 Posts
>Sorry Eddie I could not make it out of the harbor this
>morning. I put the boat in the water and low a behold the
>engine would not move left and right but the wheel would.
>After calling my mechanic and I discovered that it was low on
>hydrolic fluid. Took the boat back to staorge and bought some
>fluid. Approx 5 capfulls later it was full again and my
>steering started to function. Man was I bummed. I am trying
>to get a crew toghter for this evening to hoop Catalina for a
>few hours and be back at port by 1000pm. Catch you next
>time.

No Crew? Sounds like a nice trip. There and back by 10pm. Nice.

One thing of importance is that such a small thing could leave you stranded. I'll be adding hydraulic fluid to my list of safety gear to have on the boat. Did you find the leak?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts