All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out last night for opening night on the spineys on a friend's boat. DFG was at the ramp at Davie's for most of the night. They were checking everything. Later we got checked again at the public dock near Khoury's. It wasn't a problem because we weren't doing anything wrong, just held us up a bit. I just thought I would pass it on to you guys that are planning to go out tonight. I don't think the guy who checked us was too bright though. He completely missed the .357 magnum that was in my bag in plain sight. (It's legal, I'm a law enforcement officer). Good luck and don't forget the butter!

Jan
Seamaster 2588 WA
"Jacqueline Jane"

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm not sure about fire arm regulations. I was told that you can not carry one on board even if your a police officer. Is that true, or are they refering to international waters.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Firearms... I called the Sherrif at Catalina and they said a boat is like a house. You can have your weapons just like at home.. no separation of clip from the firearm like in a vehicle.

I then called that Coasties and they had no problems discharging firearms as long as in a safe manner and 3 miles off the coast.

I suspect that on a trailer boat you should leave your gun in the boat (house) rather than put in it a bag and carry that in your car as you would need to separate the clip from the gun and keep them out of reach while sitting in the drivers seat.

Don't broadcast that you have a gun as there are a lot of people that think they go off on their own killing everyone within range...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts