Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this seller has 100% feedback and sells many items through ebay. I was looking for a Garmin 3010C and found one for only $500.00 NIB. I replied and got this email back
"First I want to tell you that all my units are brand new and comes with The Manufacturer's International Warranty(2 years).All accesories included.
I'm selling it for 500 US dollars . Is very important for me to protect my clients. I have 5 units available .I have big discounts for buying more than one unit.The transaction will be made thru Western Union with the ebay protection.
To be 100% protected we will make this deal under ebay and if something goes wrong, you will receive all your money back including western
union fees. Shipping will be made from Europe by UPS and in 40 hours you will have it. I will pay the shipping and handling fees.
Do not bid on it because I have more units available and I do not want to make
more listings and pay more fees to eBay. So if you want to make a 100% protected deal under ebay, with feedback let me know.
If you are not satisfied about my product, you have 15 days to send it to me back as I will send you all your money back (15 days refund policy).If you are interesed let me
know asap.

Thank you !
I know what I think..What do you think about this?

·
Banned
11,019 Posts
[email protected]!! No....

There's a couple of big tipoffs here. One is the Western Union thing. Never wire transfer money with Western Union in association to Ebay.

They recomend against it.

The bigger tip off is his feedback.

He has 127 feedback as a buyer only a dozen in this year, none as a sellor. Yet he's got 33 items for sale all high end expensive items, biug screen TV's Computers etc... with nice big multicolored adds.

Obviously the guys was spoofed, they got his account info and they are using his account to rip other people off.

My advice is don't do it and alert Ebay immediately.

Jim

·
Banned
11,019 Posts
RE: [email protected]!! No....

More Nasty are these adds.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GARMIN-010-00350-00-GPS-GPSMAP-3010C-10-4-DIAGONAL_W0QQitemZ9736385398QQcategoryZ4668QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I found half a dozen of these fake accounts all based in China with fake feedbacks.

Check the his feedback and you'll notice all the names are all random letters with 0 feeback themselves.

He's got twenty items up all high end all going ridiculously low, ending in the next two hours.

Some thirty people are going to get scammed today by that single account alone,,,and there's more then one.

Well........... Now I got to send ebay some mail. hopefully the kill his $#!t before he gets any money.

Tight lines Jim

·
Registered
109 Posts

Run and don't look back. I would never buy from anyone that asks for Western Union payment. PayPal credit card or nothing for me.

I have spots available for a 2 day trip on the Pacific Queen. Sept 6-7-8 $440 food included. If interested send me an e-mail [email protected]

Jerry
18' Seaswirl Striper

·
Registered
56 Posts

I saw the same add on e-bay, I noticed a couple hours after I originaly saw the item, they were removed. I also e-mailed the seller and received the exact responce. I have concluded he is a Crook.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Fraud big time

I never buy or sell outside the U.S. way tooo much fraud going on these days

I have been getting about 10 or more fraud emails for Ebay and Paypal per day.Its way out of control!

Dive Deep and Fish Hard!

Roger
[email protected]

http://momentoffame.com

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Like they said, it's a total fraud. NEVER buy from someone who requires only Western Union or similar.

Also, there's only about 3-5% profit on electronics for distributors, so anyone claiming to be getting big discounts is full of sheet.

Kurt

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
a 2500 dollar unit for only 500......that alone sounds fishy.
When you add in the other facts, i would say run from this one.

Peter
"Trusty Rusty"
18' Bayrunner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts