Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to find a design, or some designs of ocean fish, such as marlin, albacore, saifish, etc. in pes2 format. Either card or downloadable. Any ideas folks? Thanks as always, and Merry Christmas, ...N

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Hi there,

For starters, why not go to Google and check their photo/image gallery? Doesn't Yahoo also have the same feature?

tsurikichi

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea. I found some designs, but not what I really hoped for. Mom's not good at internet stuff, as she puts it, so it's up to me. I guess I'll make a project out of it and figure out how to steal somebody's image and translate it into embroidery stitches. I think there's a way to do that with her software, but she sure doesn't know how to do it, and she's too scared to try. Great idea, thanks again, ...N

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I got permssion to use these images from Terry Mass for the t-shirts I gave to the guys working on the WSB growout pens in CIH

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=
&imgrefurl=http://www.freedive.net/Painting/white_seabass.htm&h=493&w=864&sz=128&tbnid=Bch3pryTruoJ:&tbnh=82&tbnw=144&hl=en&start=32&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522white%2Bsea%2Bbass%2522%26start%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLG,GGLG:2005-47,GGLG:en%26sa%3DN

·
Registered
107 Posts
The best images I have found tend to be downloadable wallpaper. Type in sportfish or fish wallpaper in google. These images tend to be high quality digital 800x600 or 1200x800 or higher. My wife does some pretty incredible embroidery by digitizing these images. She been doing it for over five years and has 2 $8000.00 machines so she tends to be more advanced than others. She does alot of custom stuff for clubs and organizations and can even digitize photographs. But try the wallpaper pics. I think they should work for you.
Good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that. I guess now I HAVE to learn how to digitize them with her software. It's Brother Designer 6 (I think). Is your wife familiar with that by any chance? And does she have any tips, such as which resolution is best to start with? I'm thinking perhaps something monochrome to start with, like a marlin turning, where the bill kind of overlaps the tail. That seems popular lately. Thanks to all, ...N

1 - 11 of 11 Posts