All Coast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the current price of marine fuel in Ensenada and the prefered place to get it?

Thanks

IM

·
Registered
827 Posts
Don't know the price, but last time I was down there the only fuel to be had was at Coral Marina - North end of the bay. Their telephone number WAS (I assume it still is) 800.862.9020.

Google up the site, probably has more info.

Baja Naval Boat Yard was supposed to have some, all in drums. They were out.

We passed on fuel 'till we got to San Diego, hense, no info. re: price.

Getem', Capt'n Skip

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Suggested Alternative

I understand that they now have fuel at either Baja Naval or Cruiseport Marina. FYI, Cruiseport marina is new, exceptionally clean with an attentive manager and excellent security (they are located adjacent to the cruise ship docks which have a high fence and 24 hour security. I've actually had difficulty getting friends in if they don't remember the name of my boat!) Cruisport is within easy walking distance of town and several reasonably priced hotels/motels, a nice plus

The Mexican petroleum industry (PEMEX) is nationalized. By law, all the fuel at PEMEX stations in Mexico is priced identically. For years, Coral was the only game in town and got around the law by charging "docking fee" that amounted to a 10%+ surcharge if you weren't a guest at the hotel. Since it was often difficult to get a slip or a reservation you had no choice but to pay what amounted to mordida.

Recently, Cruisport or Baja Naval got a fuel dock (I'm not sure which). I'd call to make sure that it was functioning and their hours of operation. With the reduction in the number of smaller boats taking offshore delivery both marinas are far less busy so you have more choices. However, If I were going down and planning to sleep aboard, I'd give Cruisport a call. I think you'll like the facility.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts